I BOUGHT A USED NEXT GEN RANGER!

Check In and Say G'day
Pijion

I BOUGHT A USED NEXT GEN RANGER!

Post by Pijion »

Hi Guys,

Picked up my near new 2023 XLS from a Brisbane Dealer last week (Sedona Orange as in the Forum photo). My wife has already nicknamed it the "Ranga" ! Never owned any Fords before but the overwhelming consensus from everyone is that the Ranger is hard to beat in all departments. I traded in my 2017 Triton for the Ranger and I can't believe the giant leap in technology, comfort and power (2L Bi-Turbo) in my new tug! I am suitably stoked.

Just as a side issue, I contacted Ford Australia with an enquiry about fitting bigger OEM wheels and they fobbed me off, saying "Ford Australia does not offer technical advice on these issues, please contact your nearest Ford Dealer for further information". Talk about getting the flick haha. I have combed through the various Forum topics which are all great reads.

Cheers
Pijion
Grant L1
300 Club

Re: I BOUGHT A USED NEXT GEN RANGER!

Post by Grant L1 »

Bigger wheels or bigger tyres??

If you fit larger dimeter tyres you will pay a plenty in fuel consumption and slight loss of power. If you fit larger diameter wheels and keep the same diameter tyres the ride will be harsher and if used off road they won’t be as good as standard.

Your choice.
Highrider
200 Club

Post by Highrider »

When I walk my dog on a busy road in the morning, I always hear the noise big tires make on utes and I wonder why anybody would put up with that, after all people drive most of the time on bitumen, I have the factory Bridgestones on mine and I couldn't be happier, also fuel consumption is very good and especially in summer I guess the big tires would get a lot hotter because of the friction, anyway everybody to their own ☺
jstanovic
300 Club

Post by jstanovic »

Legally I think you can go to 50mm bigger overall diameter but most people go up a size (usually 20-25mm larger diameter) without noticing a lot of difference. Bigger you go, more fuel you'll use, more power to turn the bigger/heavier tyre etc etc. If you plan on towing a lot, especially heavy loads, I would stick with standard size.
2014 PX1 XLT auto
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

As you say OEM wheels, I guess you are talking about wheels from another Ranger model, eg 18" Wildtrak wheels.
There would be plenty of options as many change their wheels, so you can pick up a set for a good price.
I drive a PX III Wildtrak and I think the 18" are comfortable, and I drive it every day for work. I have been on the beach many times, and off road too. The standard tires perform well, but I now have Falken Wildpeak AT tires on.
Unless you do a lot of serious off roading, most normal tires will do a decent job.
You could always get some off road tyres on your original rims, and only put them on when you go bush.
Welcome to the Ford world.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk