Ranger convert

Check In and Say G'day
Narked

Ranger convert

Post by Narked »

First of all G'day, I've just inked the contract for a Magnetic Wildtrak after owning a NT Pajero for the last 7 years and looking forward to picking it up. I will be towing a 6m Haines Hunter along with a 21ft van and was wondering what electric brake controller is best for this at present, have been using Tekonsha Prodigy electric brake controllers for the last 10 years.

Cheers
Doggy451
75 Club

Re: Ranger convert

Post by Doggy451 »

Hi Narked, welcome to the forum :-) I've still got my old Tekonsha Prodigy, but I've noticed the RedArc Tow Pro Elite is the choice for many forum members.
Cheers, Dog
Ford Ranger MY17 XLT Supercab 3.2 Manual
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

I think it come down to what brake controller is suitable for van/trailers and suitable location availability in your vehicle, don't think any one brake controller is superior to others.

Cheers.
GerryP
300 Club

Post by GerryP »

Definitely the Redarc Tow Pro for me. I replaced my Pridigy with one and it performed so much better. I tow a 3t van. Had the Redarc in 3 vehicles now.

Just my experience...
Gerry
MY17 PX2 XLT Supercab
Restoring... '65 XP Falcon Futura Hardtop
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

G'day Narked, Welcome to the Rangerhood mate. Now with a new Ranger you will fit right in at the 2018 annual Ranger meet. :D Cheers, Butch.
Narked

Post by Narked »

Thanks for the welcomes and the advice. I"ll definitely check out the Redarc and where they mount the unit and controls.
widemr
100 Club

Post by widemr »

Redarc tow pro elite plus get the ford ranger wiring kit, the kit is pricey but well worth it, nice wiring all done, good grommet, mounting bracket, brake switch wire adaptor, no cutting or holes needed, except for the brake controller knob, but id also recommend the Lightforce switch panel for the ranger that goes inbetween the front 2 cig sockets and can mount the redarc controller knob on that.
2017 Wildtrak Magnetic Grey