Check In and Say G'day
Vantage1

Post by Vantage1 »

Greetings from Brisbane. I am not a Ranger owner just yet, however that is about to change very soon.
Apologies for basically introducing myself with a question. However my question is;
Does the Kerb mass ( Super Cab 4X4 C/C) as stated on brochure specifications (1928 kg), include the mass (weight) of a 'standard' aluminium tray? In other words is the payload of (brochure figure of 1270 Kg) the mass that can be loaded onto a standard aluminium tray? Or is the 1928 Kg the Kerb mass of just the bare Cab/Chassis that must be amended when a tray is fitted? Perhaps some owner/s have weighed a vehicle at a recognised weighbridge and can verify the correct weight.
My reason for asking is that salespeople I have asked are giving completely opposing information.
I don't need information relating to GVM/GCM/GTM etc.
Regards
blacktray
75 Club

Re: New Member

Post by blacktray »

Hi Vanatge1,
I haven’t weighed one but I believe the kerb weight wouldn’t include the weight of the tray.
From the brochure the Super C/C is 1928 + 1270 = 3198 GVM and the Super P/U is 2036 + 1160 = 3196 GVM
Obviously the P/U includes the tub.
If the C/C included the tray this would suggest the tub is 108kg more than the ‘standard tray’ which seems unlikely.
Also, there is nothing to suggest the C/C will be fitted with an aluminium or steel tray so I think Ford would be making a bit of a guess on their brochure if they were including the tray weight.
I certainly get your frustration trying to get straight and consistent answers from the dealers.
Cheers
Vantage1

Re: New Member

Post by Vantage1 »

Thanks for the reply. What you have stated sounds correct. I have emailed Ford direct for an answer, however no response. Confusion could be avoided if they clearly stated on relevant documentation that the tray is part of the quoted payload.
It is illegal to register a cab chassis ute WITHOUT a tray, a fact that should outlined in the documentation also.
Regards