Howdy

Check In and Say G'day
Neilhoh
25 Club

Howdy

Post by Neilhoh »

Howdy from Brisbane.

Have been noodling on here for a few days so thought had better do the intro.
Am, or rather will be, new to Ranger ownership. Am still the owner of a 2010 Hilux extra cab that will be for sale very soon. Have been suffering with weight issues since day 1. Broken rear springs, chewed out tyres [have figured that out though], busted Toyota tray mount.

Am in process of buying and fitting out a PXIII super cab and believe I have got a pretty good deal for a slightly used modified vehicle.
By the time I pick up it will have these from ARB:
- 140 Poly Tank
- Summit bullbar
- Summit Raw RSTB [rear step tow bar], 3500kg
- Recovery Point, 8,000kg
- Under vehicle protection
- BP-51 Shocks
- EK4008B2 suspension upgrade [300kg constant]
That will be enough to get a 3,330 kg GVM upgrade cert from ARB but will look at swapping out the rear springs to go the full 3,500.

I might not have put some of this on if I was starting from scratch; a lighter front bar and tow bar.
The 140L poly tank is my choice, and asked for the UVP and recovery point. It was convenient to go with the ARB recovery point but would have preferred a dual point system, just to spread the load.
I might be unloading the Summit step tow bar in the future if anyone is interested.

Next will be an aluminium tray. Although expensive, am considering https://tongmetal.com.au/aluminium-ute-trays/ with the water tank built into headboard. Any tips on a sound but relatively light tray manufacturer in SEQld would be appreciated. Will look through the forums for that.
Will also swap my 5 x fairly new TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T II s with the factory standard issue going onto the Hilux. Will try to pick up 2 spare alloys as well from Gumtree.
Also, from Hilux, a new Dominator Xtreme winch might get moved.

Will be trawling through the relevant thread on tips for a dual battery system. Seems very little under bonnet room, none. And had already thought of the under rear seat option before I read it on here. Please to see that is a possibility as will be only running a small fridge tied down on rear seat for touring.

Cheers.
jezalenko

Re: Howdy

Post by jezalenko »

Welcome Neil.

Did your Ranger come with the BP-51 shocks already fitted, or have you put those on yourself?
Neilhoh
25 Club

Post by Neilhoh »

Hi Jeza'. The BP-51 already fitted.
jezalenko

Post by jezalenko »

Cheers. I was wondering if you had paid for them yourself (and roughly how much) - I've heard that they're a expensive bit of kit.
Neilhoh
25 Club

Post by Neilhoh »

Jeza, here is a cut from ARB 2019 Price list. [https://www.arb.com.au/site/wp-content/ ... ceList.pdf]
Not sure what "Coil Over Front" is. But as there is nothing resembling a front strut or shocky, I assume that's what it is. This does not include installation cost, which I would assume is a few hundred bucks too.

OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION PRODUCTS
1BP-51 HIGH PERFORMANCE BYPASS RIDE CONTROL
2(BP5190011L/R) Coil Over Front RHS/LHS - Each - PXIII MY19, Not Raptor Models.........................995.00
(BP5190012L/R) Coil Over Front RHS/LHS, Each, PXIII MY19 2.0 Bi-Tubo Engine, Not Raptor Models.....995.00
(BP5160027R/L/*37R/L) Shock Absorber Rear RHS/LHS - Each - Not Raptor Models.........................685.00
2(VM80010027) BP KIT Front - Each - PXIII MY19, Not Raptor Models............................................89.00
(VM80010040) BP KIT Front - Each - PXIII MY19 2.0 Bi-Turbo Engine, Not Raptor Models.....................89.00
(BP5190005R/L) Coil Over Front RHS/LHS - Each - Not PXIII or Raptor Models................................995.00
(VM80010012) BP KIT Rear - Each - PX Models, Not Raptor Models...............................................56.00
(VM80010011) BP KIT Front - Each - Not PXIII or Raptor Models.................................................116.00
jezalenko

Post by jezalenko »

~$1000 a corner, ouch. You did well to find a vehicle with the BP-51s already installed!

FYI a coilover is a pre-assembled coil-strut assembly, i.e. what the Ranger uses with it's IFS front end.
Neilhoh
25 Club

Post by Neilhoh »

Thanks for that