G-DAY from Piggy UV4X4 - ARB BRIZ

Check In and Say G'day
Piglet Touring

G-DAY from Piggy UV4X4 - ARB BRIZ

Post by Piglet Touring »

A Big G-Day from Piggy!
Hi all Piggy here, ok well here is a little about me.
Im 52 but I only think & act like im 25, I love 4WDing, surfing on big old Mal's & Camping . I used to race 4WD winch trucks as a hobby for about 15 years in events like QLD winc challenge series, Allterrain Challenges, The Australian Outback Challenge where i managed to rank 10th outright one year against 69 teams from all over the world (I still rekon I fluked that position as I was only trying to finish each stage without breaking the truck in fear that my Navi (Skiddy Mark Bielz) & wife at home would shoot me, also trying not to get cmy calming Burbon on the course while trying to bribe the Officials with Minties, until i realised there is more to life.
I have always been heavily involved in the 4WD Industry from working for TJM for 7.5 years being the resident Chef & 4WD Tips guy for shows like the Great Australian Doorstep with Spider Everate & currently for the past 5.5 years as a Rep on the road for UV4X4 - ARB Brisbane.
Im just about to purchace my first Ranger (XL PX2 Late 2017) then the build will start.
The initial build willtake about 4 to 5 weeks mainly due to the time frame of the custom service body.
The first part that will be done at UV4X4 Ipswich while waiting for the custom camp body is :-
# Bull Bar = ARB Sahara Summit bar with LED fogs, color coded base & black powder coated hoop.
# Spot Lights = Lightforce HTX & LED headlight upgrade.
# Winch = Bushranger REVO 10,000 pnd.
# Mags & Tyres = rims are 16x8 0 offset Mickey Thompson Baja Classic Lock with Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP 305\70\16.
# Flares = bolt on style large enough to cover tyres that will be around 50mm past guards.
# Snorkle= ?? will have to wait until I know what flares i have to use, but I would like a Safari Armax.
# Suspension = Big blabla, top arms blabla heavy enough blabla to do what i need & clear the 33" x 12.50" tyres.
# UHF = GME XRS & black broom stick antenna.
# Removable false floor over back seats for my dogs.
# Caravan set up = all the standard esential gear, 3 way camera set up for internal,external reat of canopy(when not towing) connection to rear of van when towing & one at the tow bar for hitching (all of this will replace the internal factory mirror (another reason ive gone the XL option) RedArk electric breaks, anderson power plugs ect.
# Rust Protection = ERPS 10 pad as we love the beach, even towing the 25ft off road van up all of them.
# Power = I-DRIVE X new improved throttle body control.
Then later there will be plenty to fit out in the canopy like Bat wing awning, dual batterys & management systems (Ive have to be able to run my coffee machine for mornings & fridge for arvo Burbons, plenty of work lights\internal lights, on-board compressors ectect
anyway ive probably bored you guys enough today.
cheers Piggy.
Ian McClenahan.
Prado - 3D
200 Club

Re: G-DAY from Piggy UV4X4 - ARB BRIZ

Post by Prado - 3D »

Welcome Ian.

Good luck with the build and post pics along the way. This site is full,of extremely good information and with a quick search the topic has usually been covered. By the way, the search function is brilliant. If it hasn't been covered, ask away.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. It gives us a good idea of the vehicle and where you are.

Cheers

DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Ask away when you experience any issue. Many experienced rangerers here to help and many that care for introductions and facts, q&a style. Cheers
Last edited by lincolnland on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prado - 3D
200 Club

Post by Prado - 3D »

Agree Linc, I only said that so if anybody is near Ian they might like to support the business he works for and I have helped local people from Perth in person because they were local. Similar to like you guys do in Melbourne.

Cheers DJ
Prado - 3D
200 Club

Post by Prado - 3D »

Hey Linc, you may have found another potential sponsor for the annual trip auction.