Wildtrak on the way!

Check In and Say G'day
mthreadgold

Wildtrak on the way!

Post by mthreadgold »

Morning all,

We are hoping to pick up our ex Demo Wildtrak on Monday :mrgreen:
Super excited and can wait to start kitting it out over the next couple of months.
Have booked in for a few accessories at ARB later this month.

Wondering if anyone has seen any posts about removing the standard roof rails and putting in track mounted roof racks (not backbone system though). I couldn't see to find anything specifically when I searched the forum.

Cheers for now anyway and look forward chatting with you all.

Mark
Lukeycat
75 Club

Re: Wildtrak on the way!

Post by Lukeycat »

mthreadgold wrote:Morning all,

We are hoping to pick up our ex Demo Wildtrak on Monday :mrgreen:
Super excited and can wait to start kitting it out over the next couple of months.
Have booked in for a few accessories at ARB later this month.

Wondering if anyone has seen any posts about removing the standard roof rails and putting in track mounted roof racks (not backbone system though). I couldn't see to find anything specifically when I searched the forum.

Cheers for now anyway and look forward chatting with you all.

Mark
I didn’t have the factory rails as mines an xlt but I did install Yakima rails for my lock and load platform, wasn’t too hard measure twice cut/drill once and make sure you have a drill stop so you don’t drill into the curtain airbags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mthreadgold

Post by mthreadgold »

Thanks for feedback Lukeycat - good tip re airbags as well!
Prado - 3D
200 Club

Post by Prado - 3D »

Mate, welcome on board. I don’t have a Wildtrak so can’t really help you but fitted the Rhino platform with the leg system to mine. To be honest, I was worried (not confident) to drill and fit so got it done at a Rhino appointed fitter. I just watched them do it to make sure they Did it properly, cutting the moulding, drilling (make sure holes are painted and waste vacuumed away) fitting track was done properly.

One company didn’t want me to watch them do it, so I took it to somebody who would. Geez, if I can watch a Subway employee make my sandwich I can surely watch them drill into a $40,000+ car. The saw the logic and my concerns, whilst also backing their staff. I was happy to pay them for their services.

Keep the pics rolling in as you start your build. Congrats on your purchase mate.

Cheers

DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
mthreadgold

Post by mthreadgold »

Thanks DJ, good point - might be one for those in the know to install. Will see which way we go.
tompowerranger
25 Club

Post by tompowerranger »

Hi, I removed the factory rails and installed the backbone system. Straight forward if you are comfortable on the tools. And pulling apart your brand new car!

The entire headlining has to be removed. Which is removing trim from A, B and C pillars and all door rubbers, sun visors, grab handles etc.
Took me about 5 hrs

To be honest, for the amount of mucking around, next time I would just pay a few hundred $ for the pro's to do it.

There is a you tube vid (UK based) which was helpful.
mthreadgold

Post by mthreadgold »

Thanks Tom