Garden Variety PX2 Ranger

Check In and Say G'day
gardenvariety

Garden Variety PX2 Ranger

Post by gardenvariety »

Joined up to view the boards and lots of useful information gleamed in the last day. I thought I'd add to the archives or answer any easy questions about mods I have done and/or the decision process.

So far, nothing much yet but there is a fair bit in the works. Anyway, introduction...

It is a pre DPF 2016 PX2 Ranger Wildtrak in white, manual, otherwise fully optioned. It has now done 65,000km and hasn't needed anything done to it apart from brake line recall.

Ok. Pictures...

I went manual because I haven't had one for a while.

Purely a fun vehicle but I ended up becoming my primary because it feels more robust. Growing up I guess.

Mods so far
- Rhino platform on backbone system
- Falken AT3W 285/70/r17 on ROH Vapour 17x9 +25
- Stedi LED conversion (all exterior lights)

Minor mods like brackets and floor mats I won't bore with details.

Upcoming mods (awaiting install)
- ARB Ascent canopy
- Outback solutions drawer
- Redarc BCDC
- Solarking 100AH LiFePO4 in ARB battery box
- EGR flares
- Safari Armax Snorkel

The vehicle is use for my trips out fishing, hunting and spearfishing. Not doing long tours. Typically High Country, Otways and Gippsland Lakes.

Considering a few more mods after I get a feel of how the vehicle handles on my usual trips. Top priority is a front bar, winch and suspensions.

Pretty set on a Rival bar for aesthetics.

Considering a Superior remote res 2.5 with a UCA and diff drop.

Look forward to hearing options on mods and opinions.
Lukeycat
75 Club

Re: Garden Variety PX2 Ranger

Post by Lukeycat »

Looks great mate I’m a big fan of the current wheels ROH are offering I’m looking at the invaders for mine and after seeing your vapours in +25 I’m sure they will look the part. The stedi light upgrade makes a massive difference too as the standard lights are pretty pox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gardenvariety

Post by gardenvariety »

I actually ordered the Invaders but the shop stuffed up but the guy looked like he could use a break and I didn't really mind.

Upside, the wheel nuts are covered with the vapours. Less drama getting mud off the nuts for an emergency swap.
Lukeycat
75 Club

Post by Lukeycat »

gardenvariety wrote:I actually ordered the Invaders but the shop stuffed up but the guy looked like he could use a break and I didn't really mind.

Upside, the wheel nuts are covered with the vapours. Less drama getting mud off the nuts for an emergency swap.
That’s about a million karma points to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

What's your opinion of the Wildpeaks mate ?
gardenvariety

Post by gardenvariety »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:10 am What's your opinion of the Wildpeaks mate ?
The 285/70r17 fouls against the guard as per the pic but only slightly and on full lock.

The tyres themselves are great. Road performance in a straight line is indiscernible to HTs. A bit spongy and noisy in the turns. It doesn't get rid of mud as well as an MT but is up there with an aggressive AT like the BFG. 10,000km so far.

These are my first AT and I'm typically a passenger in MTs. These are much much quieter on blacktop.