Introduction

Check In and Say G'day
Arrowz2021XLT_3.2

Introduction

Post by Arrowz2021XLT_3.2 »

Hi All from S/West of WA
Back with Ford after almost 20 years diving Jap 4B's
New Ranger arrived at the Stealers today and is off for GVM upgrade (Pre-Rego)
Last Ford Ranger was the 2.6 Petrol Maz/Ford hybrid similiar to the Jurasic movie job (Hope the 2021 px3 has come along way from there :D )
Prado - 3D
300 Club

Re: Introduction

Post by Prado - 3D »

Welcome mate,

Post some pics when you can and search away for any answers to any questions you have. There is heaps of knowledge within this forum so most questions are probably covered. If you can’t find an answer, ask away.

Where about in the SW bud?

Cheers, DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
Arrowz2021XLT_3.2

HeH Prado
Bunbury area, only photo I have is the VIN plate sent to the Suspension mob for GVM cert requirements (due to getting Upgrade pre first rego,)
This allows the re-cert'd GVM to be accepted in all states, if done after car has been registered the new GVM is only good in WA or too whatever the existing state car is registered in, when GVM was done) plus around $1200 extra! for post rego for Engineers certification to upgrade (ouch)
Will take delivery of bus once GVM and other work Bull bar / LR Tank and other bits all completed & returned to the dealer for me to collect, they told about 2 weeks max, Then will post pic's Cheers for asking
blacktray
75 Club

Post by blacktray »

Welcome.
Before anyone else asks, which suspension mod are you using and how many extra kgs do you get on the GVM ?
Arrowz2021XLT_3.2

Hi Black Tray
GVM supply n fit by Ironman cost about $4000 all up (use of Foam cell Pro shocks 350kg permanent load rear leaf springs, front coils are (performance B) Overall increase available to me in GVM is existing 3200kg to re-rated at 3500kg on new VIN sticker (Not a huge increase but that's what you get)
As to extras you asked about Ironman steel bull-bar, Long range tank, Rated recovery points, also gone for Ironmans new upper control arms as the front suspension is coming out anyway (these cost extra not in the GVM kit sadly) have ordered vehicle with 18'' black rims already lined up the Wildpeak ATW3 275/65/18 tyres (5) to switch out factory (whatever brand tyres standard) $1250.00 changeover with trade-in not bad for 5 tyres
Tray loads will have my existing (being taken off my current vehicle) tool and recovery boxes in the back pretty much full time plus existing 156-amp hour dual battery arrangement (now need DC-DC charger instead of existing VSR setup cause of smart Alternator in the Ranger)
Usual spots up front and / Uhf plus a (stainless full 3 piece bash plate kit, from Offroad Custom in Queensland, Worthwhile checking them out, have a set fitted to my current driver years ago been brilliant so ordering for Ranger only $650.00 delivered to WA)
Set of Ally roof racks that's about it but fair amount of weight all up by the time the wife and I plus the dog + a 50 ltr fridge and ancillaries, then add the 260kg or so ball weight from 18 foot semi off road caravan and the Ranger close to max'd out, maybe even exceeding the stock GVM so playing safe with getting upgrade
(I know as it ain't Lovells doing GVM upgrade (Estimated at $7500/$8500 if it was) so no increase in GCM, it will still be just 6000kg total. for me Towing a 2.6 ton gross caravan fully loaded = 260kg on the rear of tug (in theory) That pretty much it (at least my other half hopes so)
Cheers Black Tray
MightyJoe

Post by MightyJoe »

Hi thanks for accepting me. I have 2018 Ranger and I'm new to Ford. I've been a Japanese car/truck owner before and I'm excited to learn more about Ford trucks.