FX4 from melbourne

Check In and Say G'day
Alberts FX4
100 Club

FX4 from melbourne

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself and make a post. I've got a magnetic FX4 in auto. Absolutely love the car. Previously owned a vzv6 holden utility that was dumped on its flower so a ranger is a big upgrade. I plan to only use it for work and family camping trips.
I've only had it for 3 months and have done some upgrades.

Led low beams and fogs from Tyrant4x4
Aftermarket grill, weathershields and led headlight cover from Harryp accessories
Grunt easy down and up struts for the tailgate
Central locking tailgate
Efs 2inch lift
Hussla toxic widows 20x10 neg 25 wrapped in 33 inch monsta a/t
Kutsnake flares

There is still heaps i want to do, next will be an aeroklas canopy and rhino pioneer roof rack. Ill keep things posted as i upgrade.
Thanks for reading and taking an interest into my build.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
lincolnland
300 Club

Re: FX4 from melbourne

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Thanks linc im inner melb towards north west. Ill definitely have a look and see what my plans are during that time. Keen to meet other ranger owners

Uncle_Roy
200 Club

Post by Uncle_Roy »

There are plenty of us

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
Ride - 2016 PXII Wildtrak Aluminium Tech Pak
- Mods: Tailgate Central Locking, gas strut & Bushwacker cap, Whisbar Racks, Ridge Rider 120w 23" bar
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

lol cant wait to see what you guys have done to your rangers

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle_Roy
200 Club

Post by Uncle_Roy »

lincolnland wrote:some build a fire better than udders! ;)
Тебе лучше поверить

8-) 8-) 8-)
- Mods: Tailgate Central Locking, gas strut & Bushwacker cap, Whisbar Racks, Ridge Rider 120w 23" bar
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle_Roy
200 Club

Post by Uncle_Roy »

:D

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
morlson

Post by morlson »

Hey there,

I am looking at upgrading my headlights with the tyrant low beam package. I was just wondering if you were satisfied with your purchase and if there was a particular reason that you didn't upgrade the high beams also? I am doing some research on things before I decide and I have seen a lot of people who have used tyrant for there upgrading. I am looking to replace high beam, low beam, parkers and fog lights and would appreciate some feedback from the members of this forum.

Thanks in advance.

P. S I love your rig, looks awesome. Another great vehicle with tasteful mods.

Cheers, Dan
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

morlson wrote:Hey there,

I am looking at upgrading my headlights with the tyrant low beam package. I was just wondering if you were satisfied with your purchase and if there was a particular reason that you didn't upgrade the high beams also? I am doing some research on things before I decide and I have seen a lot of people who have used tyrant for there upgrading. I am looking to replace high beam, low beam, parkers and fog lights and would appreciate some feedback from the members of this forum.

Thanks in advance.

P. S I love your rig, looks awesome. Another great vehicle with tasteful mods.

Cheers, Dan
I am more than 100% satisfied with the tyrant low beams. The reason why i didnt do the highbeams as well is leds dont have good long range, so it would be a waste of money. Ill be getting a led bar and wiring it up to the highbeams instead. I was like you as well, and did a fair bit of research before i decided to go with tyrants. It literally took me 3 mins for each headlight to install. Led lightbars Australia (LLA) was my other choice, however after reading posts from others that got them, they found it very difficult to install. Some had to remove their batteries, and some struggled to put the dust caps back on.
And thank you for the compliments! Im in love with the ranger and cant wait til i get more done to it

morlson

Post by morlson »

You make a valid point there mate,
I think ill avoid wasting the money on high beams then. I have done the light bar on mine which is wired up to the high beams. i mounted it in front bar below the number plate mainly for aesthetic reasons however the quality and range of light is still very impressive even with the low position i could not be happier with the outcome.
I think i will be in contact with tyrant and make a move getting the low beams and fog lights done.
Thanks for getting back to me and sharing your experience,
Dan
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

morlson wrote:You make a valid point there mate,
I think ill avoid wasting the money on high beams then. I have done the light bar on mine which is wired up to the high beams. i mounted it in front bar below the number plate mainly for aesthetic reasons however the quality and range of light is still very impressive even with the low position i could not be happier with the outcome.
I think i will be in contact with tyrant and make a move getting the low beams and fog lights done.
Thanks for getting back to me and sharing your experience,
Dan
No problem mate ill even share a photo for uImage

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

lincolnland wrote:Looks like coburg. Hard to tell in that light ;)
Haha nah pretty close. In ascot vale

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

Great looking FX4. How do you like your choice of tyres, mine are the same. I am researching the headlight situation as low beam is terrible and needs changing mainly for safety. Coming off high with spots on, to low beam you can't see anything. Changed the lows in my 80 series years ago and was happy so will be looking into Tyrants now. I also noticed the led headlight covers. I have seen them on eBay but was unsure if they are easy to fit and if they work properly. How have you found them? Cheers Macca
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

macca888 wrote:Great looking FX4. How do you like your choice of tyres, mine are the same. I am researching the headlight situation as low beam is terrible and needs changing mainly for safety. Coming off high with spots on, to low beam you can't see anything. Changed the lows in my 80 series years ago and was happy so will be looking into Tyrants now. I also noticed the led headlight covers. I have seen them on eBay but was unsure if they are easy to fit and if they work properly. How have you found them? Cheers Macca
Hey macca thanks for the compliment mate. Yeah tyrants are the way to go, very easy to install. With the led headlight covers its pretty simple. They come with a wiring loom and just taps into ur parkers. The simple clip ons. I love them. Let me know if u find any difficulties fitting them

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

your long time review of the Grunt tailgate struts and led lights?

dose one strut control up and one control down? my current one only dose down but still heavy to push up
---Greg---

Px2 V2 Sync 3 XLT Dual Cab 4x4 Auto
subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:
macca888 wrote:Great looking FX4. How do you like your choice of tyres, mine are the same. I am researching the headlight situation as low beam is terrible and needs changing mainly for safety. Coming off high with spots on, to low beam you can't see anything. Changed the lows in my 80 series years ago and was happy so will be looking into Tyrants now. I also noticed the led headlight covers. I have seen them on eBay but was unsure if they are easy to fit and if they work properly. How have you found them? Cheers Macca
Hey macca thanks for the compliment mate. Yeah tyrants are the way to go, very easy to install. With the led headlight covers its pretty simple. They come with a wiring loom and just taps into ur parkers. The simple clip ons. I love them. Let me know if u find any difficulties fitting them

double sided tape on these surrounds?
now just get forscan and set parkers as drls to operate better.
---Greg---

MickJT
200 Club

Post by MickJT »

subzero747 wrote:your long time review of the Grunt tailgate struts and led lights?

dose one strut control up and one control down? my current one only dose down but still heavy to push up
Hey Subzero

I have the Grunt struts and yes, one is a up assist and one a down assist.
The down assist strut popped of the tailgate side more than once due to the circlip popping off.
On inspection it didn’t take much for it to come off and I ended up just buying another strut thinking it was a dud and ended up having the same problem with that one to.

I ended up ditching the circlip and used a split pin instead which some of the other brands use and it’s a lot more secure.

Funnily enough at the 4x4 show I saw the grunt guys and mentioned it to them and they said that apparently there supplier had been supplying them the wrong circlip size and there was 100s of struts out there with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

MickJT wrote:
subzero747 wrote:your long time review of the Grunt tailgate struts and led lights?

Hey Subzero

I have the Grunt struts and yes, one is a up assist and one a down assist.
The down assist strut popped of the tailgate side more than once due to the circlip popping off.
On inspection it didn’t take much for it to come off and I ended up just buying another strut thinking it was a dud and ended up having the same problem with that one to.

I ended up ditching the circlip and used a split pin instead which some of the other brands use and it’s a lot more secure.

Funnily enough at the 4x4 show I saw the grunt guys and mentioned it to them and they said that apparently there supplier had been supplying them the wrong circlip size and there was 100s of struts out there with them.

I have the Grunt struts, funny how you mentioned the circlip issue as I had the same problem. I replaced mine with new circlips with no more problems dropping off.
Have found these struts far better than the last one I had which broke within 12 months of use.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

I think ive been lucky. My circlips hasnt come off yet and im in and out of the tailgate all day. Maybe i was supplied with the correct ones

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

they have gone riveted now so guess they didnt like the cclips
---Greg---

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:

Hi Albert
I replaced my high and low beam bulbs with Tyrants led.
The high beam as suggested I feel are a waste of time and effort. Great light in close, but no distance so I am thinking to put my original high beam back in.
The low beam is definitely better in it being brighter,however little distance. Tyrant supplied me with H11. Are these the same as yours?
Cheers Macca

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

even though LED dont match hid they should still give you greater range then standard? the guys with stedi have liked the high beams.

maybe the tyrant are not very good if they dont have as much distance as standard, you just want brighter,whiter and more light over standard which will make the world of difference if you want long range then a small light bar is needed.

if the high beams are not needed then just get some 6000k bulbs to replace them so atleast all bulbs are a white light not one white, one yellow?
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

macca888 wrote:
Alberts FX4 wrote:

Hi Albert
The high beam as suggested I feel are a waste of time and effort. Great light in close, but no distance so I am thinking to put my original high beam back in.
The low beam is definitely better in it being brighter,however little distance. Tyrant supplied me with H11. Are these the same as yours?
Cheers Macca

Yeah they're the same. I wasnt aiming for distance with them, just wanted a crisp white light. For distance as said above i suggest u look into getting a lightbar or spotties. I havent got one yet.
Also i just put these led taillights on Image

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:
macca888 wrote:
Alberts FX4 wrote:Hey macca thanks for the compliment mate. Yeah tyrants are the way to go, very easy to install. With the led headlight covers its pretty simple. They come with a wiring loom and just taps into ur parkers. The simple clip ons. I love them. Let me know if u find any difficulties fitting them

Hi Albert
Cheers Macca

Yeah they're the same. I wasnt aiming for distance with them, just wanted a crisp white light. For distance as said above i suggest u look into getting a lightbar or spotties. I havent got one yet.

Nice tail look and along with the Ranger colour, looks great.
Here is the front of my truck now. Spots give great immediate wide light, but lack in distance. I will be doing a night country trip shortly so will test them then.

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

macca888 wrote:
Alberts FX4 wrote:
macca888 wrote: Hi Albert
Cheers Macca

Nice tail look and along with the Ranger colour, looks great.
Here is the front of my truck now. Spots give great immediate wide light, but lack in distance. I will be doing a night country trip shortly so will test them then.

Love the bar was seriously considering it but I've put it off for now. How do u find it?

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

are the FX4 black parts a gloss black?
going to swap my chrome handles over to black but don't want fx4 ones if they are gloss.

If not I will get XLS ones and get them satin black painted.

cheers
---Greg---

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

subzero747 wrote:are the FX4 black parts a gloss black?
going to swap my chrome handles over to black but don't want fx4 ones if they are gloss.

If not I will get XLS ones and get them satin black painted.

cheers
Yes the FX4 parts are gloss black, like door handles, grille and rails.

koff

Post by koff »

Heya all,

I got the same low beam LEDs from Tyrant after seeing your pics. One quick question. Did you fit the ballast and all wiring inside the headlight and then inserted the globe with heat sink and then dust cover over the top of it all ?

What I did was run all wiring to the globes inside of the headlight as there is plenty of room in there, tried to make sure that nothing touches the heatsinks on the globes themselves. Just curious how people are installing these as the instructions say to ziptie the ballast to something. To do that however you would need to drill a hole in the dust cover just to poke all the wiring through which I really didn't want to do.

Happy to take a pic for anyone to show them how I installed it.

One other question. Did you need to adjust the headlights afterwards. I've only just installed it and haven't had a chance to test what the spread looks like yet.
'17 Wildtrak PX2 White, 3" front/2" rear Lift, BFG K02 AT on Dynamic D Steelies. LED lighting.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

koff wrote:Heya all,

I got the same low beam LEDs from Tyrant after seeing your pics. One quick question. Did you fit the ballast and all wiring inside the headlight and then inserted the globe with heat sink and then dust cover over the top of it all ?

What I did was run all wiring to the globes inside of the headlight as there is plenty of room in there, tried to make sure that nothing touches the heatsinks on the globes themselves. Just curious how people are installing these as the instructions say to ziptie the ballast to something. To do that however you would need to drill a hole in the dust cover just to poke all the wiring through which I really didn't want to do.

One other question. Did you need to adjust the headlights afterwards. I've only just installed it and haven't had a chance to test what the spread looks like yet.
Hey mate i just shoved it all in there and put the cap back on lol

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:

Yes put in the wiring first as you have done, then the globe and pop back on the dust cover.

Any hole in the dust cover will allow moisture and dust to enter the headlight, so this would not be advisable.

I have had mine in for 6 weeks now without issue with the heat syncs getting too hot.

Cheers Macca

macca888
75 Club

Post by macca888 »

macca888 wrote:
Alberts FX4 wrote:

Yes put in the wiring first as you have done, then the globe and pop back on the dust cover.

Any hole in the dust cover will allow moisture and dust to enter the headlight, so this would not be advisable.

I have had mine in for 6 weeks now without issue with the heat syncs getting too hot.

Cheers Macca

Oh and with headlight adjustment. No need as the headlights as the where are perfect. You may just need to adjust the globe fitting itself. See the instructions in the Tyrant pack. I have mine adjusted vertically, but you can try horizontal too.

Try YouTube for info.

koff

Post by koff »

Thanks Guys,

Been a week now and seems to be all ok. I drove at night a few times and the cutoff point is as the old one was so pretty happy with them. Changed both the park and low beams so now at night its a nice white glow. I also have the fogs but havent put those in as yet. will leave the high as stock atm.

Thanks Again.
'17 Wildtrak PX2 White, 3" front/2" rear Lift, BFG K02 AT on Dynamic D Steelies. LED lighting.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Finished off the year with a uhf, number plates and rhino pioneer platform rack.ImageImage