FX4 from melbourne

Check In and Say G'day
lincolnland
300 Club

Re: FX4 from melbourne

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

lincolnland wrote:looks schmick mate. are u gunner add a snork for some added airflow and blackness?
Thanks linc. Yeah going for the "wank" look powder coated black 4 inch phatbar one lol. Each to their own but i think they look neat

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

lincolnland wrote:who doesnt love a good wank bar? those big dick pipe snorks look cool and ehoosh a fit bit of air. how u say in ur language? "Cool'!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Hahaha yep everythings gotta look cool and trendy i guess

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Coming along nicelyImage

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

thats a huge second uhf antenna mounted to the passenger wheel flare... :lol: :lol:

seriously nice though, dont ruin it with intake mounted exhaust, did you mention that you didn't like the performance of those drl covers?

new ranger releases mean new headlights with drls inbuilt to retrofit

info/pics of light bar cable install, is it quick unplug unit to remove tray when not in use?
---Greg---

Px2 V2 Sync 3 XLT Dual Cab 4x4 Auto
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

subzero747 wrote:thats a huge second uhf antenna mounted to the passenger wheel flare... :lol: :lol:

seriously nice though, dont ruin it with intake mounted exhaust, did you mention that you didn't like the performance of those drl covers?

new ranger releases mean new headlights with drls inbuilt to retrofit

info/pics of light bar cable install, is it quick unplug unit to remove tray when not in use?
Hey mate yeah i didnt notice that light pole til u pointed it out lol. Should i just go with the vent mounted snorkel?
The platform rhino rack is pretty easy to dismount. Heres a photo example of the lightbar mount, i havent taken a photo of mine but its the exact same thing. And im wiring it up this weekend will send photos.
I dont mind the led rhino headlight covers but yeah very keen to see if we fit the new drl headlights from the new ranger.Image

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

So wired the lightbar up today. Ran the wiring down the passenger side and connected it to the battery. Fed the wiring for the switch through the firewall on the passenger side. ImageImage

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Last edited by lincolnland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

@Alberts FX4, you have a very nice Ranger.

I managed to find the Rhino headlight covers here (https://www.autocraze.com.au/store/ford ... ights.html). I always drive with headlights on and was disgruntled that Rangers didn't come with daytime driving lights. These seem to tastefully add that feature - I've seen some shitty attempts, people trying to use LED strips and whatnot :-\ What are your thoughts on them - money worthwhile? Are the lights bright enough to do their job? What's the install like? What's the quality of the overall product like?

And out of curiosity, what aftermarket grille do you have?

And lastly, do you think that your LED lowbeams dazzle oncoming vehicles (esp. smaller cars)? I'd like to improve my lowbeam but I don't want to dazzle oncoming vehicles, either. I've been on the receiving end while driving my wife's i30 and copping an eye full of shitty LEDs or HIDs or whatever from the oncoming 4WD can lead to a dangerous situation.
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

lincolnland wrote:might need some black tape and split tube ol mate ;)
Hey linc yeah i bloody ran out haha. Ive fixed it up now though :)

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

axs wrote:@Alberts FX4, you have a very nice Ranger.

I managed to find the Rhino headlight covers here (https://www.autocraze.com.au/store/ford ... ights.html). I always drive with headlights on and was disgruntled that Rangers didn't come with daytime driving lights. These seem to tastefully add that feature - I've seen some shitty attempts, people trying to use LED strips and whatnot :-\ What are your thoughts on them - money worthwhile? Are the lights bright enough to do their job? What's the install like? What's the quality of the overall product like?

And out of curiosity, what aftermarket grille do you have?

And lastly, do you think that your LED lowbeams dazzle oncoming vehicles (esp. smaller cars)? I'd like to improve my lowbeam but I don't want to dazzle oncoming vehicles, either. I've been on the receiving end while driving my wife's i30 and copping an eye full of shitty LEDs or HIDs or whatever from the oncoming 4WD can lead to a dangerous situation.
Hey axs thanks mate. Well i know it is kinda tacky having something stuck on to ur headlight from the outside but at the same it still looks neat. I only turn them on when its getting slightly darker. The guy who supplies autocraze is the guy i get them from, who also sells various grills to suit ur liking.
Check out Harryp accessories.
As for the low beams they do not shine in oncoming traffic at all. Its the way the headlight sits already from factory, it points slightly lower. I have not had one person highbeam me for having them. Even if it is pointing higher u can adjust them.
I hope this helps with ur questions. Ask for more and im happy to try and explain anything

axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

Cheers mate, good to know :)
subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

curved led bar interesting not sure what i want to go with.

snork up to you I dont mind them but they have become the new blow off valve for 20 year olds. has anyone here heard if the factory snorkel gets decent airflow as Im unsure why people opt for the cut a hole through your guard type? could only guess that there has been bad reviews of the vent mounted ones?

is that cable jammed into window groove to hold it? not sure how else to get the cable from rack down, maybe into side of snorkel and out through small sealed hole in guard to get into engine bay then a plug up near light for disconnection when needed.
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

subzero747 wrote:curved led bar interesting not sure what i want to go with.

snork up to you I dont mind them but they have become the new blow off valve for 20 year olds. has anyone here heard if the factory snorkel gets decent airflow as Im unsure why people opt for the cut a hole through your guard type? could only guess that there has been bad reviews of the vent mounted ones?

is that cable jammed into window groove to hold it? not sure how else to get the cable from rack down, maybe into side of snorkel and out through small sealed hole in guard to get into engine bay then a plug up near light for disconnection when needed.
Hey subzero yeah i like the look of the 4 inch stainless snorkel. Ill get it powder coated black though. Been looking at a fab fabrication one. With the side vent one id go for the ironman one which is the same thing as fords oem one but only at 500 bucks fitted rather than the 1200 ford will charge. Havent read any reviews on it but im guessing they cant be too bad.
The cable tucks neatly between the windscreen and the pillar. I was gona caulk it in but it sits so neatly that i might just leave it. I have heard of others running the cable through the snorkel but all depends on what u want really.

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Some images of a camping trip and track to the beachImageImageImageImage

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

good times, my platform goes on tomorrow, radios done with same antenna setup as you, also added the switch facia with uhf passthrough etc.
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

subzero747 wrote:good times, my platform goes on tomorrow, radios done with same antenna setup as you, also added the switch facia with uhf passthrough etc.
Nice mate. Ill prob end up getting the lightforce one as well. But im hoping to get my sliders and snorkel this week before easter. Fingers crossed

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

what size platform did you get? I seen a ranger with the smaller one and it didnt look in proportion to the roof but now mine is installed it seems to be really long, maybe just not use to it.

also I think it looks off a bit off as it sits just over the front window lip, I thought it would be adjustable but the legs are bolted to the platform not in the sliding pioneer bolt track so it would need new holes to move it. legs can slide on roof tracks but front cant go forward more without coming out of track.
guessing the roof rails give you more movement.
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

13xx by 13xxImage

subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

yeah thought so the light bar did look too far back to be on a 15xx rack
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Installed my phatbars snorkel yesterday. Absolute quality and the fitment was perfect. Couldn't be happierImageImage

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Got these lights installed by a good mate of mine yesterday. Just to help out when i reverse in the dark or when someones tailgating me for no reasonImage

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Installed the switches for light bar and rear lights todayImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
subzero747
200 Club

Post by subzero747 »

Alberts FX4 wrote:Got these lights installed by a good mate of mine yesterday. Just to help out when i reverse in the dark or when someones tailgating me for no reasonImage

someones been busy.

is that plastidip on rear badge or aftermarket black part? seen a black ford rear badge once but never seen it again
---Greg---

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

subzero747 wrote:
Alberts FX4 wrote:Got these lights installed by a good mate of mine yesterday. Just to help out when i reverse in the dark or when someones tailgating me for no reasonImage

someones been busy.

is that plastidip on rear badge or aftermarket black part? seen a black ford rear badge once but never seen it again
Hey mate yeah i like to do things to it every fortnight lol. Otherwise i get itchy. I plastidipped it and peeled it where the ford writing is

Maje76

Post by Maje76 »

Hi mate,
Nice rig...looks like you’ve put a bit of time and money into it.
Just a quick question about the Grunt tailgate struts. I’ve just fitted
some to my Wildtrak but the cables either miss the rubber catchers
that were supplied with them or the rubber catches on the taillights
when I close the tailgate. I’m forever having to guide both cables into
the rubber to make sure they stay hidden. Do you have a problem like
this and how have you gotten around it. Cheers
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

bend the eyelets of the cables on the tailgate. 'tweak'
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

Maje76 wrote:Hi mate,
Nice rig...looks like you’ve put a bit of time and money into it.
Just a quick question about the Grunt tailgate struts. I’ve just fitted
some to my Wildtrak but the cables either miss the rubber catchers
that were supplied with them or the rubber catches on the taillights
when I close the tailgate. I’m forever having to guide both cables into
the rubber to make sure they stay hidden. Do you have a problem like
this and how have you gotten around it. Cheers
Hey mate cheers. For some weird reason te right side sits fine. But the left i need to guide it in. It doesnt bother me but most of the time i dont even try guiding it in anymore lol

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

i had to replace my circlip that was mia recently. i also popped a split pin in there to stop the circlip flying off. whilst doing all this i noticed the cable was also hitting as u described. mines rubbed the paint completely off the tailgate and the other bit of the tub. if i had more cans id tweak it. just another job for the list. cheers
axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

@Alberts FX4. Any chance you can put up some action pictures of your tail lights? I'm curious to see how they look in day and night, I think I like their style better than the style I put on my Ranger.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

During the dayImage

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

At nightImage

Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

New wheels and tyres. 16 inch pro comps on neg 25 wrapped in 305/70/16 falken wildpeak all terrains Image

axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

Thanks for the pics mate :)
Really nice wheel/tyre combo. How's the clearance with the 305s?
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

axs wrote:Thanks for the pics mate :)
Really nice wheel/tyre combo. How's the clearance with the 305s?
Np mate and thanks :)
Had to do some trimming but its fine now lol

axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

How do you find the light bar on the roof racks, do you get much reflection on the bonnet? How about light coming through the top of the windscreen?
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

ive got a 50 inch bar on the roof. no issue with reflection anywhere. its a bloody ace additional for long haul night driving or any out of the burbs work
Alberts FX4
100 Club

Post by Alberts FX4 »

axs wrote:How do you find the light bar on the roof racks, do you get much reflection on the bonnet? How about light coming through the top of the windscreen?
No reflection what so ever, i purposely went with the shorter roof rack and mounted it as far back as i can so that by the time i mounted the light bar, its able to sit back enough not to give any glare or reflection