NEW - HELP

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Schemmie

NEW - HELP

Post by Schemmie »

Hey everyone, i am new here and i am blown away with all the info and posts here and i hope to get involed alittle more.

I have a XLS 2015 model

I was hoping someone could point me in the right directions re the

Drive train warning light error i had 2 times today - is there any info here that could help me?

Thanks

Schemmie
butch.
300 Club

Re: NEW - HELP

Post by butch. »

Gday Mate welcome here, I cant help as its not something I've seen. Can you provide a bit more information re how, when, what gear, hot, cold, fast as much as you can and someone will probably be able to help. Cheers, Butch.
Hoyks
300 Club

Post by Hoyks »

If its come on and gone away with a restart, then its a reasonable bet its an intercooler hose.

Have a look at the back of the big hose that comes up past the battery, you may find a 1/4" - 1/2" split in it.

If you drive really sedately, then the light may take a while to come on, but if you give it some, the light will come on earlier and go into limp mode with an error code that the air flow into the engine is outside the set parameters (because you have a leak).

It will give you 5 restarts and clear the limp mode, but then it will be in limp until the code is cleared from the ECU and presumably the hose replaced.
blacktray
75 Club

Post by blacktray »

I assume we are talking about the light which looks like a spanner.

I have a 2016 XLS and I had it come on without any other symptoms and go off again when I stopped and restarted the car. Each time I went to the dealer who could not see any error codes or any other problems. The last time the light came on I drove to the dealer without stopping the engine and they put their laptop on it and said it was turbo underboost (PO299) and to book it in for more diagnosis which I did. Again they couldn’t find anything but said they did update the PCM software which may help. It wasn’t very long ago but so far the light hasn’t come on again.

An aside to this, and perhaps I am imagining it so I am still watching and checking but I think fuel consumption has dropped from about 11 per 100 to 10.5. since the update.
Schemmie

Post by Schemmie »

Still coming on aftera machanic mate reset the codes...have forced my way into a ford dealer tomorrow. It happend 2 times today - seems to be also blowing smoke when i put my foot down - great time of year to have this going on.

I will def check the hose - thanks guys
Schemmie

Post by Schemmie »

BINGO - Hose has a 20mm split in it
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

There ya go mate lots of help around here. just not from me :oops:
Cheers ,Butch.
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

Just happened to my work mate earlier this week. Ford fixed it free of charge even though his Ranger is over 4 years old.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hoyks
300 Club

Post by Hoyks »

Yeah, its certainly a common failure. On my 2nd one, Mazda made a big thing about how good it was they were helping me out, even though my vehicle was 2 days outside its warranty :roll:
Fireguard

Post by Fireguard »

PLAZAMAN do good quality aftermarket replacement hoses, both hot and cold sides - I changed both mine out before they blew, didn't want to be away on a trip and have it fail - I just keep the OEM ones under the wind of my drawers as spares.
Schemmie

Post by Schemmie »

Thanks Heaps again guys
Ugasu
25 Club

Post by Ugasu »

Anyone got any insight on this issue? My px2 wildtrak is doing the same thing now except the light will intermittently turn off and on while driving. No other issues car runs perfect and no error code showing up
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Change your intercooler hoses
Ugasu
25 Club

Post by Ugasu »

lincolnland wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:42 am Change your intercooler hoses
Changed them years ago to the forefront industries ally pipes. I checked all the rubber connections and they all seem perfect
Ugasu
25 Club

Post by Ugasu »

Ended up being the exhaust gas sensor shorting out. My scan tool just couldnt pickup the code