Bizarre recall notice 17B36

Non Ranger Related Subjects
MarkDRanger
50 Club

Bizarre recall notice 17B36

Post by MarkDRanger »

I received a bizarre recall notice in the post today - ostensibly from Ford Australia. Actually the letter contains three recall notices, all called 17B36 for three different VINs. None of those VINs are anything close to my Ranger.

A VIN lookup suggests that they are all Ford Granada/Scorpios sold in Europe around the year 2000! One is WF0YXXTTGYHP44364 and the other two start with the same prefix. Photo attached.

Now the *only* relationship I have ever had with Ford Australia is via my 2017 Ranger which is why I'm asking the question in this forum. Oh, and the Ranger was bought and registered in Australia so no European connection of any kind.

Has anyone else got these bizarre recall notices? If so, what do you make of them? An IT glitch in Ford HQ?

I don't think it's an elaborate scam as all the contact details in the letter check out but it is odd to say the least.
Photo of Ford Recall Notice
Photo of Ford Recall Notice
Trublu

Re: Bizarre recall notice 17B36

Post by Trublu »

Not a recall notice but I use to get service surveys for another Ranger that was serviced in Sydney and I live in Melbourne, go figure.
I do believe it was a computer glitch with ford HQ, I tried to get this rectified but apparently fell on deaf ears.
Highrider
100 Club

Post by Highrider »

I got a recall notice for door latch springs with a potential to break but I haven't done anything about it yet, did anybody else get this notice?
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

Highrider wrote:I got a recall notice for door latch springs with a potential to break but I haven't done anything about it yet, did anybody else get this notice?
Not yet but I will visit the dealer soon to find out what is going on.
Neddysmith
200 Club

Post by Neddysmith »

Highrider wrote:I got a recall notice for door latch springs with a potential to break but I haven't done anything about it yet, did anybody else get this notice?
Nope never got notified about this one, but when i found out about it called Ford and was booked in for the next day to get fixed.

I think this recall was issued back in Oct 2018.
MarkDRanger
50 Club

Post by MarkDRanger »

I think Ford's computer systems are all "Buss Up".

They just notified me that my "Ford Focus" is due for its 15K service. Never had a Ford Focus and the Ranger that I do have isn't due for its next service until 2020.

As best I can tell, my solitary Ranger (yes I only have one) is now known inside Mr Ford's database as three Ford Granadas, one Ford Focus and if I'm lucky, one Ford Ranger. So five vehicles in all.

After 100+ years you'd think the automative industry would get its act together and invent some sort of unique vehicle identification number that told you want make/model it was. You know, to avoid all this sort of confusion and incorrect database entries. We can wish!