C B Radio help

Non Ranger Related Subjects
allover
100 Club

C B Radio help

Post by allover »

Originally bought an Oricom uhf 370 from Kings which ceased working, had to buy a new Oricom, this time a uhf 380 due to that is all they now stock
The problem is i had the 370 under the seat and as it has an RJ45 connection, was easy to connect and disconnect, plus i have a Light force switch panel that i want to install which has an RJ45 in and out
The 380 has a new connector an RJ12, slightly smaller that the RJ45
Bought an RJ45 to RJ12 lead, connected every thing up in the hope that i could still use the old RJ45 micro phone through the light force but can not switch the unit on or off
Questions, is there a special lead other than the standard telephone lead
Does the Lightforce adapter have to be powered
Will the old mike work with the new cb?
And yep should have bought a GME
All suggestions appreciated
widemr
100 Club

Re: C B Radio help

Post by widemr »

If the old mic had a RJ45 (8P8C) connector and the new one has a smaller one like RJ12 then you might have to use the new mic.

Have a look on the new mic connector, how many gold pins does it have and how many of them have wires to them?

How many wires are in your 'phone lead'

Phone only require 2 wires, some may have 4 wires, some 6, so if you have a 2 or 4 wire phone lead and your mic uses 6, that may be why
2017 Wildtrak Magnetic Grey
Regnar1870
75 Club

Post by Regnar1870 »

If you go the light force pass through make sure you tell them that the controls are on the hands set.
The first one I got wouldn't allow my GME to power up , I spoke to them and they sent me an updated pass through. I assume the pins weren't configured correctly for that style.
Good customer service from them again, I had a new one within a week

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
allover
100 Club

Post by allover »

OK, in conclusion, what a pain in the flower.
1.RJ12 is a 6 pin, 6 wire plug. cut the oricom lead where required, install an RJ45 connector to lead and mic wire, ensuring that
2. the 6 wires are located in the centre of the plug, ie, a space either side (6 wires in an 8 wire plug
3. the Lightforce plug is a cross over plug, ie you come out of your Oricom with original plus (Green, Copper, Blue, Red, Black, White looking from the top) and it reverses it
4. Reverse the order when applying the RJ45 to the end when looking from the top
ie White, Black, Red, Blue,Copper,Green
4. MIC, back to the colour layout in item 2, ie green etc

I know this sounds trivial but don't ask Lightforce as they would have no idea, and Oricom cutting costs and being designed in Sth Korea where they would not have a clue
thoroughlybred

Post by thoroughlybred »

I seem to have this issue, I have the 380 oricom and installed the lightforce pass through, did you find out if you had to power the pass through up I wouldn’t have thought that would matter, anyway i terminated the pins as you said and I am getting nothing on controller I just wonder if im missing something