IDRIVE

Non Ranger Related Subjects
tompowerranger
25 Club

IDRIVE

Post by tompowerranger »

After living with the ranger for 3000kms now, it reminds me of my childhood riding old 2 stroke motorbikes.
The accelerator is either on of off with no in between. To the point I'm chirping the tyres moving it in the driveway etc.
It's my only major complaint with the vechile. The ride is also harsh, but I expect that from a work ute with 3.5T towing cap.

I've just ordered an Idrive. Hopefully that improves the drivability. It's an annoying extra when you spend 60k on a car.
I didn't notice it that much on the test drive, as its an unfamiliar car at that point.
LethalLeigh
200 Club

Re: IDRIVE

Post by LethalLeigh »

Love my iDrive. My brother has a BT50 and after driving my Ranger with the iDrive he went and bought one too. And then his mate with a Ranger drove his, and he bought one too. Get the picture?

Yes, it's a sh*t that you need to add it afterwards but Mr Ford and Mr Mazda (and others) have to comply with all sorts of regs which leaves them with what we get. Just glad I can do something about it :)
tompowerranger
25 Club

Post by tompowerranger »

So I installed the I drive. It’s a great product, but it doesn’t reduce throttle response time.
Any way to change this?
Other drive by wire cars I’ve had don’t seem to have the same delay

-The ride has Smoothed up Nicely now too
Prado - 3D
200 Club

Post by Prado - 3D »

Hey tompoweranger,

What setting are you running in your idrive? I presume you have tried many and sill no change in response?

Cheers

DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
Grant L1
300 Club

Post by Grant L1 »

tompowerranger wrote:So I installed the I drive. It’s a great product, but it doesn’t reduce throttle response time.
Any way to change this?
Other drive by wire cars I’ve had don’t seem to have the same delay

-The ride has Smoothed up Nicely now too
Something is a miss, my thinking is your settings maybe wrong for what you require.

Try U2 setting first up, then you can go up from there. Just be warned the more you go to the higher numbers the more strain is placed on the drivetrain.

Another thing, seeing the vehicle has only done 3000k I would see what happens when it gets over 10000k and even up to 20000k.
Rosspat
300 Club

Post by Rosspat »

Did you select Auto or Manual?
2018 Winning Blue XLT
Rosspat
300 Club

Post by Rosspat »

Did you select Auto or Manual trans?
2018 Winning Blue XLT
tompowerranger
25 Club

Post by tompowerranger »

Rosspat wrote:Did you select Auto or Manual trans?
yep.

To be clear, the device amplifies (or retards) the throttle input. Which I guess is what it's designed to do.

It does not change the time between throttle input and engine response.