Whats your best mod for under $100

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Due South
50 Club
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Due South »

[/quote]

Mind sharing where you picked these up? I bought a Sport so minimal chrome (actually was a deciding factor to not go up to the XLT considering nearly all other features were equal) but I'd be keen on at least blacked out badges, but an FX4 grill would be great too. Was it just an easy swap out?
[/quote]

XLS Sport? Are they really the same as an XLT but blacked out extended sports bar and bumpers/mirrors/badges etc??
Rob09
25 Club
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Rob09 »

Due South wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:16 am
Rob09 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 am F665D042-281E-4C5B-B344-BB0433F341EF.jpeg
Love that Black ford badge!!
I'm sold.

I'm also looking to upgrade the 21.75 XLT grille, so I can fit Stedi light bar behind the grille, suits Raptor.

I'm getting some great ideas from this post!!!
Is the 21.75 & 21.25 XLT the same? I may be getting rid of one in mint condition. Shoot me a PM.
Rob09
25 Club
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Rob09 »

Due South wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:23 am
Is that 303 really that good.? Haven't used that before.
I could be tempted to get it next time I see it on special.

What is the chrome you removed by going to Wildtrak taillights?

Wouldn't mind those mirrors with the puddle lights. That's cheap enough.

Also removed chrome that XLT badge, haven't done the sticker yet.

Definitely like the black FORD badge
[/quote]

1/ Yes, 303 Graphene is that good, if used correctly. 2-3 coats (can do second immediately after buffing first). Shake bottle well before use and it's amazing. Can't tell you how long it lasts in the real world, but so far so good.
thumbnail_IMG_7958.jpg
2/ Tail lights, Chrome XLT on top, Widtrak below:
thumbnail_IMG_8207.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8205.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8208.jpg
3/ Puddle lights are awesome.
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

Due South wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:28 am
Mind sharing where you picked these up? I bought a Sport so minimal chrome (actually was a deciding factor to not go up to the XLT considering nearly all other features were equal) but I'd be keen on at least blacked out badges, but an FX4 grill would be great too. Was it just an easy swap out?
[/quote]

XLS Sport? Are they really the same as an XLT but blacked out extended sports bar and bumpers/mirrors/badges etc??
[/quote]

XLS Sport yeah. The only things the XLT has which it doesn't are the following:
- rain sensing wipers
- leather steering wheel/gear knob trim
- option for the tech pack with adaptive cruise
- I believe the XLT comes with towbar as standard

I may have missed something, but it obviously wasn't important enough to me that I even noticed! Sport got the blacked out regular sports bar, side steps, grille, mirrors, door handles and the 17" black alloys. Mine's the dark grey and a friend has it in black, all looks very schmick. Badges aren't blacked out though, I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll remove the decals on the tailgate.
lincolnland

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by lincolnland »

Get rid of the stickers. They look shizen
Normalbloke2
50 Club
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Normalbloke2 »

jstanovic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 pm I have 2 that I use each day.

First is a 100x150mm mirror I stuck on my sun visor. I often get dirty at work, I like to make sure my face isn't dirty when I meet the next client haha!!!! $8 delivered on ebay.

Second is my drink bottle holder. I short bit of 100mm PVC pipe, painted black, attached to my centre console right next to my seat. Easily fits 1.5L bottles and keeps them out of the way. $0, scrap from my shed.

Image
I’m pretty sure a 1.5 fits in the door pocket.
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

lincolnland wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:45 pm Get rid of the stickers. They look shizen
I'm just stressed I'll screw it up and do something to damage the paint! Might be a job to tackle over the xmas break.
lincolnland

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by lincolnland »

No damage to be done. Park the car in the sun. When the panels are warm simply peel off.
Normalbloke2
50 Club
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Normalbloke2 »

lincolnland wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:03 pm No damage to be done. Park the car in the sun. When the panels are warm simply peel off.
This. Maybe a hairdryer too to really get some safe heat into it. If there is any sticker residue, just wipe it down with methylated spirits. I took the crass ‘4x4’ stickers off the rear quarters of our Rangers the same way.
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

Normalbloke2 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:34 pm
lincolnland wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:03 pm No damage to be done. Park the car in the sun. When the panels are warm simply peel off.
This. Maybe a hairdryer too to really get some safe heat into it. If there is any sticker residue, just wipe it down with methylated spirits. I took the crass ‘4x4’ stickers off the rear quarters of our Rangers the same way.
Righto...It's getting a good detail on Boxing Day so I guess I'll add that in! The garage has a dedicated hairdryer (you'd be surprised how often its used for non hair purposes). Bye bye decals!
Due South
50 Club
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Due South »

Rob09 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:57 am
Due South wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:16 am
Rob09 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 am F665D042-281E-4C5B-B344-BB0433F341EF.jpeg
Love that Black ford badge!!
I'm sold.

I'm also looking to upgrade the 21.75 XLT grille, so I can fit Stedi light bar behind the grille, suits Raptor.

I'm getting some great ideas from this post!!!
Is the 21.75 & 21.25 XLT the same? I may be getting rid of one in mint condition. Shoot me a PM.
Ok.
I'm sold on the Wildtrak taillights.
On the lookout.

Also sold on changing the grille, that I can add a light bar behind. Possibly the Stedi raptor light bar grille kit.
I have the same grille as per your photos, (photo with the black ford badge)

Why do I want puddle lights so badly now too😂😂
Due South
50 Club
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Due South »

ss105 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:38 pm
Due South wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:28 am
Mind sharing where you picked these up? I bought a Sport so minimal chrome (actually was a deciding factor to not go up to the XLT considering nearly all other features were equal) but I'd be keen on at least blacked out badges, but an FX4 grill would be great too. Was it just an easy swap out?
XLS Sport? Are they really the same as an XLT but blacked out extended sports bar and bumpers/mirrors/badges etc??
[/quote]

XLS Sport yeah. The only things the XLT has which it doesn't are the following:
- rain sensing wipers
- leather steering wheel/gear knob trim
- option for the tech pack with adaptive cruise
- I believe the XLT comes with towbar as standard

I may have missed something, but it obviously wasn't important enough to me that I even noticed! Sport got the blacked out regular sports bar, side steps, grille, mirrors, door handles and the 17" black alloys. Mine's the dark grey and a friend has it in black, all looks very schmick. Badges aren't blacked out though, I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll remove the decals on the tailgate.
[/quote]

Grille swap is easy. At least, taking mine on and off gas been. I've done it three times for various reasons.
Installed lower under grille light bar, ran wires etc
It's dead simple...once you know where the clips are placed.

I needed a tow bar and the adaptive cruise control I use all the time.
NUTSACK
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:20 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by NUTSACK »

Lightforce interior light panel. Gives more than enough light and you can actually see what’s going on..
https://au.lightforce.com/products/led- ... azda-bt-50
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

Due South wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Grille swap is easy. At least, taking mine on and off gas been. I've done it three times for various reasons.
Installed lower under grille light bar, ran wires etc
It's dead simple...once you know where the clips are placed.
Did the grille swap today (not under $100 though...bought the Raptor style grille straight from Ford) and yep easy peasy once you figure out which way to push the clips to release!

Got a black badge on the way for the tailgate ($45 just for the rear) and the decals will be coming off when I do that!
jstanovic
300 Club
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by jstanovic »

Normalbloke2 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:58 pm
jstanovic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 pm I have 2 that I use each day.

First is a 100x150mm mirror I stuck on my sun visor. I often get dirty at work, I like to make sure my face isn't dirty when I meet the next client haha!!!! $8 delivered on ebay.

Second is my drink bottle holder. I short bit of 100mm PVC pipe, painted black, attached to my centre console right next to my seat. Easily fits 1.5L bottles and keeps them out of the way. $0, scrap from my shed.

Image
I’m pretty sure a 1.5 fits in the door pocket.
Yeah it does but my long legs stop me from getting it out...
2014 PX1 XLT auto
Due South
50 Club
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Due South »

ss105 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:37 pm
Due South wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Grille swap is easy. At least, taking mine on and off gas been. I've done it three times for various reasons.
Installed lower under grille light bar, ran wires etc
It's dead simple...once you know where the clips are placed.
Did the grille swap today (not under $100 though...bought the Raptor style grille straight from Ford) and yep easy peasy once you figure out which way to push the clips to release!

Got a black badge on the way for the tailgate ($45 just for the rear) and the decals will be coming off when I do that!
Obligatory pics when it's all done.!!!

(Of both)
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

I had to hunt hard for before photos (before I added the black and white slimline plates which was the first thing I did!) so the before's aren't great but as requested...

Front & back before
Image
Image

Front and back now. Standard issue plates swapped for b&w slimline, swapped out the grille, debadged the tailgate and traded the blue emblem for a black one.
Image
Image
Rob09
25 Club
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Rob09 »

Back on track, $70, all four doors. Was already starting to scratch the paint.
Sills.jpg
User avatar
Trublu
Moderator
Posts: 3193
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Trublu »

The nonsense stops when people can accept other peoples explanations when questions are asked instead of harping on.
lincolnland

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by lincolnland »

And you need to allow people to post as they see fit and get a sense of humor
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

Rob09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:20 am Back on track, $70, all four doors. Was already starting to scratch the paint.

Sills.jpg
Oooh where did you source these? This thread is bad for my bank account...under $100 suddenly adds up when you've done 10 of them :lol:
Rob09
25 Club
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Rob09 »

ss105 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:39 pm
Rob09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:20 am Back on track, $70, all four doors. Was already starting to scratch the paint.

Sills.jpg
Oooh where did you source these? This thread is bad for my bank account...under $100 suddenly adds up when you've done 10 of them :lol:
Amazon my friend. No idea where, or how, but I saw, I ordered, and two moths later, they turned up! I'd almost forgotten about them.
ss105
25 Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by ss105 »

Rob09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 pm
ss105 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:39 pm
Rob09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:20 am Back on track, $70, all four doors. Was already starting to scratch the paint.

Sills.jpg
Oooh where did you source these? This thread is bad for my bank account...under $100 suddenly adds up when you've done 10 of them :lol:
Amazon my friend. No idea where, or how, but I saw, I ordered, and two moths later, they turned up! I'd almost forgotten about them.
I'll have to go find some. The sausage dog insists on jumping in all by himself and claws vs paint doesn't end well for the paint :roll:
Grant L1
300 Club
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:35 am

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by Grant L1 »

ss105 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:21 pm
Rob09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Just look at them on eBay and get them from Thailand, I got some years ago and they are still in good condition but naturally they are scratched.

I find a lot of gear from Thailand is first class. Have a steering wheel cover that is 11years old and has been on two vehicles, it is still in as new condition.
SRD0060
100 Club
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:40 am
Location: Canberra

Re: Whats your best mod for under $100

Post by SRD0060 »

K&N airfilter
2019 Wildtrak
Outback Armour shocks
GME
If I wanted to hear from an Asshole i would have farted.
You don’t learn paying someone to do it!
Post Reply