Flares (merged)

Non Ranger Related Subjects
LucasK
100 Club

Re: Flares (Merged)

Post by LucasK »

burch wrote:good to hear! im still awaiting arrival on mine. I had a look at your thread. they look good! what size tyre you running? are they KMC hoss??? I am probably going to get those rims once i get my flares and a few extra $$$ love them
Hi Burch,

The tyre is factory XL spec, just fitted to the KMC Wheel.
Flare installation took about 4 hours, but I was taking my time.
I used factory clips all round (the flares were supplied with fittings which I chose not to use - they were gold coloured metal channels with metal screws)
I retained mudguards front and rear without cutting anything.

The furthermost rear section of the XL Tub has what looks like a rivet (you have to get under the car to see it - see pic)
I chose to use Black Silicon just to aid adhesion of the rear section of the flare (could have done without as the ARB Rear Step bar protects this area)
The only part I drilled was on the furthermost front screw hole on the front bumper pieces - and was drilling into plastic bumper not bodywork)

Colour match is spot on, good quality rubber seals - fit is 80%, but great for the outlay.
I too have a less than perfect fit around my fuel cap - but I can live with this

burch
75 Club

Post by burch »

front panel scratch
front panel scratch
front panel scratch
front panel scratch
rear panel and pillar
rear panel and pillar
rear panel and pillar
rear panel and pillar
all scratches gone =]
all scratches gone =]
=]
=]
just need to touch up the pillar for now =]
just need to touch up the pillar for now =]
need new rims. tyres used to just sit out. now way to far in
need new rims. tyres used to just sit out. now way to far in
this handy little tool ment I didn't have to take off the wheels. $7 at Bunnings
this handy little tool ment I didn't have to take off the wheels. $7 at Bunnings
So I fitted my flares this arvo. fitment was easy as after working it out on the first one. As someone said in an earlier post. the right fits better than the left for some reason. I have a few gaps where the flares have not moulded to the body perhaps as well as they should have. They are down low tho and are easily fixed with double sided tape (tomorrow when i pick some up) other than that i'm pretty happy with them. I had a little hiccup at cruiser park a few weeks ago and to fix was $770. flares were $260. obvious choice.

The front bumper ones are the worst fitting. I will be putting on a bull bar in a few weeks, so its not really of any concern to me. Here are some Before and After shots.
ajm34

Post by ajm34 »

Hey guys lookin into getting some flares anyone got these on, or have opinion if they any good. Their from ute mart.com.au
Attachments
image.jpg
Mikndonz
25 Club

Post by Mikndonz »

JellyBean wrote:I'm keen on getting a set of the RGR flares but also have a TJM snorkel which seems to extend down to right about where the edge of the EGR flare will come up to from what I can see in the pictures. Does anybody know if the TJM snorkel and the EGR flares fit together? I'd love to see a photo of the two of them co-existing if possible.

Many Thanks

JB
would also love to see if this has been done yet, can't get a definite answer from suppliers.
Cheers. Mick
Nath253
200 Club

Post by Nath253 »

I have that exact combo, there is a link to my build thread below, im sure there are pics in there around half way down the first page, and more in the following pages.

The fit is tight but is does work, they dont really affect each other at all but only just.
My build thread for my white and black 2014 XLS, inc pics
http://newranger.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3118
Nath253
200 Club

Post by Nath253 »

found some, thought it may be easier to put them here as well.

My build thread for my white and black 2014 XLS, inc pics
http://newranger.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3118
robinclohessy

Post by robinclohessy »

How far does the EGR flares push out like 2" ....?? Just trying to work out rim offset looking at buying flares an wheels
Keitho
25 Club

Post by Keitho »

I want the flares on this blokes rig....

https://www.facebook.com/DmxCustom4x4
2014 PX Ranger XLT 3.2L Auto.
Roo Systems Dealer Manager (I'm on here because of my love of Rangers not to sell you things. If you need help with accessories please call 1300 305 709)
Excouncil
300 Club

Post by Excouncil »

robinclohessy wrote:How far does the EGR flares push out like 2" ....?? Just trying to work out rim offset looking at buying flares an wheels
Roughly , 50mm .
285 x 50 / 20 tyre on a 20 by 9 wheel that has + 30 offset and there is room to spare , actually looks like it is supposed to be there .
skyna

Post by skyna »

Hi all, I just purchased ebay flares and mentioned to the seller I have a bt50. The add does say ford ranger and is a bit cheaper than those offered for bt50, thus why I went for the ranger listing. The seller now won't process the order as he reckons they won't fit. Is this true? They're essentially the same panels/chassis etc aren't they (minus some very minor modifications to accommodate the Mazda's happy face)?
Excouncil
300 Club

Post by Excouncil »

skyna wrote:Hi all, I just purchased ebay flares and mentioned to the seller I have a bt50. The add does say ford ranger and is a bit cheaper than those offered for bt50, thus why I went for the ranger listing. The seller now won't process the order as he reckons they won't fit. Is this true? They're essentially the same panels/chassis etc aren't they (minus some very minor modifications to accommodate the Mazda's happy face)?
Go and have a very detailed look , I think there is a different shape , the curvature in plan view , between ford and mazda .
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

About to get a set of the ebay flares as utemart is out ot stock for a while. Can anyone comment on the colour match and if its acceptable?
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

Okay just ordered a set. Seller is saying colour will not be 100%. For the price, thinking of ordering them in matte black. Thoughts?
Trolling Dirt
300 Club

Post by Trolling Dirt »

Color match with my gunmetal blue flares is spot on , no runs or issues with paint surface.
I still haven't fitted mine due to still having stock rims n tyres so until I upgrade they'll stay in the shed.
A few issues came about so couldn't afford but when I can I will.
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

Ordered them in matte black, will have them painted when they land as i need my front bar repaired anyway.
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

Only reason is i trolled the net and found some auroa blue rangers with ebay flares and colour match was terrible.
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

Got my flares finally jeepy.
Did anyone use anything to secure the rubber strips to the body?
skyna

Post by skyna »

For people with the eBay flares, How'd you go about mounting the section circled? Double sided tape won't work as it's not flush but not keen on sikaflexing or drilling.
Thanks in advance.
Baricade
50 Club

Post by Baricade »

Well 6 hours later and i finally give up..

Front left flare was a nightmare but fitted when i conceded to drilling the bottom most tack into the body to get a complete fit.

Rear left hand flare fitted okay, but the contour of the guard did no sit flush against the body.

Rear right fitted with no dramas

Front right had no chance of fitting...

Going to order some flares from utemart in raw plastic and have them painted and fit them up. Wont be recommending the jeepy jeep flares to anyone.

Have asked for a refund or half the cost back but i am doubtful..

On a positive the color was 95% perfect match
skyna

Post by skyna »

skyna wrote:For people with the eBay flares, How'd you go about mounting the section circled? Double sided tape won't work as it's not flush but not keen on sikaflexing or drilling.
Thanks in advance.

For anyone who purchases the jeeper jeepy flares, I've confirmed with the seller that the underbody section (front and back) are meant to be drilled into the body. As my car is ~ 4 months old I'm not too keen on drilling into it so will be investigating using some clear sikaflex (using very minimal amounts so it can be removed in future if needed).

The rears have been attached using the clips they provided (although it doesn't sit flush but they're not going anywhere).
naddis01
300 Club

Post by naddis01 »

What are the smallest flares for the Ranger? I just put on a set of wheels with a +20 offset and 285 tyres. I feel that 2" flares will be too wide. I was thinking closer to 25-30mm would be about right.
naddis01
300 Club

Post by naddis01 »

Any suggestions?
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

Has anyone fitted flares on a PX2 as yet? I'm looking for some pics to help me make my mind up
NTMID8
300 Club

Post by NTMID8 »

naddis01 wrote:Any suggestions?
Naddis, what about these flares?

http://www.utemart.com.au/ford-ranger-3 ... lares.html
naddis01
300 Club

Post by naddis01 »

Do you have them mate? If so do you have any pictures? Especially of one looking along the side of the ute showing how much they stick out.
NTMID8
300 Club

Post by NTMID8 »

Sorry mate i dont. Was looking round and website says 35mm
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi All

Can anyone confirm if the TJM Snorkel will fit with the EGR Flares on a PX Ranger? I tried the Safari Snorkel and it does not fit.

I'm new here, so sorry if I missed this somewhere - I have been looking.

Here is a picture of my car if anyone can help: http://s328.photobucket.com/user/Trev_G ... t.jpg.html

Trev
My car: http://newranger.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8115 - Mods progressing slow and steady.
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

G'day Trev, welcome here. I can't help with the snorkel but your ute looks a treat. Cheers, Butch.
Excouncil
300 Club

Post by Excouncil »

TrevG wrote:Hi All

Can anyone confirm if the TJM Snorkel will fit with the EGR Flares on a PX Ranger? I tried the Safari Snorkel and it does not fit.

Trev
TJM snorkel fits good , plenty of room from the flares .
Mickkk
25 Club

Post by Mickkk »

I'm after a front set of flares for q px 1, but have a air tec snorkel, and Tim scrub bars. Want to biggest (widest) ones I can fit just to keep the mud in. Happy for black or white, any recomendations?
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

butch. wrote:G'day Trev, welcome here. I can't help with the snorkel but your ute looks a treat. Cheers, Butch.
Excouncil wrote:
TrevG wrote:Hi All

Trev
TJM snorkel fits good , plenty of room from the flares .
Thanks gents - off to TJM to buy a snorkel it is! Most appreciated.
My car: http://newranger.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8115 - Mods progressing slow and steady.
AndyR
100 Club

Post by AndyR »

Guys,

Does anyone have a picture of the rubber seal that runs round the top of the flares? Or even better any idea where I can get some?

I bought a set of flared for my truck but it doesn't come with any seals and it doesn't look quite right.

Any help would be great.

Andy
Andy

PX2 Wildtrak - Panther Black
- Offroad Pack Fitted
- Raptor Grill
- Sports bar replaced with Hinged Solid Bed Cover and Wildtrak Grey Metal Bars
- 18" Method Race Wheels
- BF Goodrich KO2 265/65 R18
alpha1
300 Club

Post by alpha1 »

Clarke rubber prob have something to suit
AndyR
100 Club

Post by AndyR »

alpha1 wrote:Clarke rubber prob have something to suit

Thanks Alpha1 Ive sent them an email.
Andy

PX2 Wildtrak - Panther Black
- Offroad Pack Fitted
- Raptor Grill
- Sports bar replaced with Hinged Solid Bed Cover and Wildtrak Grey Metal Bars
- 18" Method Race Wheels
- BF Goodrich KO2 265/65 R18
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

Trytoon

Post by Trytoon »

nice flares crusader
where did you get them i like the screw look
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi
Has anyone fitted the bushwacker flares? i was wondering how wide they are
thanks
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

Trytoon wrote:nice flares crusader where did you get them i like the screw look
These came when I ordered my car in Taiwan. The screws make the thing look quite robust which it is actually.
Mine also fit nicely around the fuel cover. The Diesel sticker I bought locally. Don't want to make a mistake with what goes in there. :shock:

BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

Trytoon wrote:nice flares crusader
where did you get them i like the screw look
The studs are real and bolt the flare into the panels I believe. Allen head bots.

ImageImage
jlord16
25 Club

Post by jlord16 »

Hi All,

A lot of reading on the topic of flares today and need some clarification on a PXII.

The EGR are the best looking flares and they are compatible with the TJM snorkel, will the ARB summit side rails also sit over the flares with enough clearance to not scrub?
The Safari snorkel model that runs along the fender does not fit with the flares, but the TJM looks like a fit with a tiny bit of room

Cheers