Ranger delivery wait times

Non Ranger Related Subjects
lincolnland
300 Club

Re: Ranger delivery wait times

Post by lincolnland »

Used to be oem in the xls. Not anymore. Not hard to stick an Australian made invertor in its place
John_Dutton_Jnr

Post by John_Dutton_Jnr »

We placed our Wildtrak X order around mid-Sept and were originally quoted an estimated delivery of mid-Nov. This has now slipped to mid-Dec, they are saying semi-conductor shortage. Hopefully Santa can deliver one by xmas!!
Last edited by John_Dutton_Jnr on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My rides:
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X (aluminium)
2011 Subaru Forester S-Edition (world rally blue)
2020 BMW S1000RR (red)

:twisted: :twisted:
BergDonk
100 Club

Post by BergDonk »

Just been notified that our XLS ordered a month or so ago scheduled for 31/03/2022 is now on the never never. Dealer is trying to find out if it will be made and delivered.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Price compromises can be negotiated with the dealer re new model coming. I have 7 on order from Feb this year. Have discussed out ones with dealer and will ensure they absorb price increase
newbieranger8
25 Club

Post by newbieranger8 »

BlkWildtrak wrote:
newbieranger8 wrote:I notice the interior 220v power socket is not there anymore

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I have the 240v power socket in my 2021 Wildtrak X, surprised yours haven't got it.
They no longer have the pull out sun shade which was a feature I liked. And it hasn't got the middle tie down points in the tray, that's the ones I use the most. Had to buy a set from Ford. One screw is fitted, so it's easy to fit, as the screw hole is still behind the liner for the second screw.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
When did you get yours ?

2021 Stock standard Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L Auto
mags88

Post by mags88 »

lincolnland wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 pm Price compromises can be negotiated with the dealer re new model coming. I have 7 on order from Feb this year. Have discussed out ones with dealer and will ensure they absorb price increase
You have 7 "New Ranger model" on order from Feb? If you're that confident to be ordering something that most dealers won't accept an order because they know jack and can't take an order... please share what you know about the incoming model and its engine options etc.

I have seen your username around talking about it, did you work on it?
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Youll find out what you require at an appropriate time
Normalbloke2
50 Club

Post by Normalbloke2 »

mags88 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:29 pm
lincolnland wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 pm Price compromises can be negotiated with the dealer re new model coming. I have 7 on order from Feb this year. Have discussed out ones with dealer and will ensure they absorb price increase
You have 7 "New Ranger model" on order from Feb? If you're that confident to be ordering something that most dealers won't accept an order because they know jack and can't take an order... please share what you know about the incoming model and its engine options etc.

I have seen your username around talking about it, did you work on it?
Is this the upcoming Ranger/Amarok stir-fry?
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

newbieranger8 wrote:
BlkWildtrak wrote:
newbieranger8 wrote:I notice the interior 220v power socket is not there anymore

I have the 240v power socket in my 2021 Wildtrak X, surprised yours haven't got it.
They no longer have the pull out sun shade which was a feature I liked. And it hasn't got the middle tie down points in the tray, that's the ones I use the most. Had to buy a set from Ford. One screw is fitted, so it's easy to fit, as the screw hole is still behind the liner for the second screw.

When did you get yours ?

I picked mine up in March.

Due South
25 Club

Post by Due South »

BlkWildtrak wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:00 am

How much did they sting you for the middle tie down points.?
mags88

Post by mags88 »

lincolnland wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:35 pm Youll find out what you require at an appropriate time
Yes I will from a reliable source and not someone on a forum trying to sound like he knows something but probably doesn't. If the new Ranger is so great why did you buy a dinosaur XLS? ;)
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Clearly cant read. Funny things these forums.
Last edited by lincolnland on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
mags88

Post by mags88 »

Clearly hit a nerve you keep editing your post with a different response, but you are never quite happy with it, it would appear. Good luck with your 7 New rangers coming Feb.
Last edited by mags88 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

It would appear Linc is confident the new Ranger will suit his needs. I know of another fleet buyer who has a volume order in place and that buyer is ditching other makes for the new Ranger. cheers, Butch.
Grant L1
300 Club

Post by Grant L1 »

Hastings Deering Cat have them as their service vehicles here and have done for quite a while. Guess they are happy with them.
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (19.73 KiB) Viewed 411 times
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Looks familiar 👍
SRD0060
100 Club

Post by SRD0060 »

The Son rang our local Ford Dealer on the Tuesday for a FX4 in grey with the black wheels they had two grey and a few other colours in stock a week later it was on the road and that with COVID restrictions. there is plenty of Rangers in the dealers now well in Canberra anyway.
2019 Wildtrak
Outback Armour shocks
GME
If I wanted to hear from an Asshole i would have farted.
You don’t learn paying someone to do it!
BergDonk
100 Club

Post by BergDonk »

SRD0060 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:48 am there is plenty of Rangers in the dealers now well in Canberra anyway.
Only if you compromise and take what they have in stock.
newbieranger8
25 Club

Post by newbieranger8 »

BlkWildtrak wrote:
newbieranger8 wrote:
BlkWildtrak wrote:I have the 240v power socket in my 2021 Wildtrak X, surprised yours haven't got it.

When did you get yours ?

I picked mine up in March.

Ahhh, I pickup up mine in September looks like they changed it then... Noticed that even the power point in the tray is not 220v anymore

2021 Stock standard Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L Auto
l0n3r4ng3r
100 Club

Post by l0n3r4ng3r »

BergDonk wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 am
SRD0060 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:48 am there is plenty of Rangers in the dealers now well in Canberra anyway.
Not much of a compromise for me. There were so many vehicles to choose from in Brisbane yards when I wanted my XLT (middle of this year), and a huge number had everything I wanted, for the price I expected. In fact I got a few extra things in that same price, that I am really glad I got - like the bigger black wildtrack wheels ;)

Of course, I wanted white paint :lol:
ss105

Post by ss105 »

l0n3r4ng3r wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:48 pm
BergDonk wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 am
Not much of a compromise for me. There were so many vehicles to choose from in Brisbane yards when I wanted my XLT (middle of this year), and a huge number had everything I wanted, for the price I expected. In fact I got a few extra things in that same price, that I am really glad I got - like the bigger black wildtrack wheels ;)

Of course, I wanted white paint :lol:
Yup, when I was looking I could've gotten an XLT in pretty much any colour etc and waited only a week or two for predelivery to sort it out. I wanted the XLS Sport though, purely for the blacked out look (plus it was a bit cheaper, and has nearly everything the XLT does) so a two month wait it was! Worked out well as the car that got sold to make way for it, sold 4 days before pickup.