Ranger delivery wait times

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Revo8

Ranger delivery wait times

Post by Revo8 »

Gday all
Ordered an xlt biturbo in melbourne end of Jan. No proposed delivery date as yet, anyone in the same boat? No communication for Ford at all. Dealer has no idea either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teevee
100 Club

Re: Ranger delivery wait times

Post by teevee »

if Oz is anything like the rest of the world, "due to dovid-19, we are experiencing unusual delays in, well, every damn thing..."

i mean, i ordered a bloody portable pizza oven in november and it still hasn't shipped, though they were kind enough to charge me back when i placed the order.
Cheers
2016 XL 4x4 3.2
maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Ordered a new Wildtrak X around the same time, estimated delivery is late April/early May
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

I ordered a Wildtrak X late November. First I was given a delivery date of 26 of Feb.
Then I was told that there was a delay due to parts for the Biturbo engine.
Car is now build and waiting to be shipped. I was given delivery to dealer 20th March, then 27th of March. On Friday I was told it is now moved to 3 of April, being the Saturday in the middle of Easter, I doubt that will happen.
It is fustrating to know that it is build, and just sitting there waiting.
I was told that they are having trouble getting ships.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

Thanks all, I’ll contact my dealer and let you know what their latest update is

Trublu

Post by Trublu »

BlkWildtrak wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:21 pm I ordered a Wildtrak X late November. First I was given a delivery date of 26 of Feb.
Car is now build and waiting to be shipped. I was given delivery to dealer 20th March, then 27th of March. On Friday I was told it is now moved to 3 of April, being the Saturday in the middle of Easter, I doubt that will happen.

Shipping has been a PIA since they had that strike up in Sydney early last year, the flow on effect has impacted a lot of businesses to this day.
Fondles
300 Club

Post by Fondles »

Trublu wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 am
BlkWildtrak wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:21 pm I ordered a Wildtrak X late November. First I was given a delivery date of 26 of Feb.

Shipping has been a PIA since they had that strike up in Sydney early last year, the flow on effect has impacted a lot of businesses to this day.

Yep we were having all sorts of issues getting container space allocations, it has improved a fair bit over the last month but it is still a juggling act,

Wildtrak X was also delayed due to other components being delayed (incoming shipping issues) on top of the engine stuff.
My rides;
2020 Ranger XL+ Hi-Rider.
2014 D40 Navara.
2017 Honda Click 125i (Scooter).
2018 Yamaha XSR 900.
Copie
200 Club

Post by Copie »

The bulk of the delays currently are due to the world wide semi conductor shortages present. Can’t exactly make vehicles when they cannot make the electronics to run them

Fondles
300 Club

Post by Fondles »

Copie wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:27 am The bulk of the delays currently are due to the world wide semi conductor shortages present. Can’t exactly make vehicles when they cannot make the electronics to run them

One of the Wildtrak X delays was wheels and tyres.
My rides;
2020 Ranger XL+ Hi-Rider.
2014 D40 Navara.
2017 Honda Click 125i (Scooter).
2018 Yamaha XSR 900.
Pepe962

Post by Pepe962 »

I noticed a difference between dealers as to what they were saying
I heard the engine parts delay story from 1 of them
Late December I was having trouble getting some of them to even accept an order for a Wildtrak X
I ended up ordering from a dealer on December 31st, situated 150km away from where I live
( I tried unsuccessfully at 3 closer dealers)
The country dealer was more than happy to take my order
Ship docked in Brisbane yesterday, expected delivery date is 20th March as originally quoted by the dealer
There could always be delays from here I guess but so far seems pretty smooth
I guess with the COVID closures and the shipping problems worldwide it’s all a bit unpredictable these days, any number of opportunities for delays along the way
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

I wonder how these allocations work, if I ordered in November, and you ordered in late December, and yours has just arrived in Brisbane (my port too) and mine is still sitting in Thailand waiting.
I was also told that mine would be at dealer March 20, so sounds like it should at been on the same ship as yours.
Mine is now supposed to arrive at dealer 3th of April which is 24 days away, if it is not on a ship now, and it take 20 days to get to Brisbane, I expext the dealer are yet again going to give me a later date.

wdw
300 Club

Post by wdw »

Friend wanted a Wildtrak in specific colour . The only one in OZ is in Alice Springs. Flying Friday and to pick up and drive back to Brisbane. Shop around and you may be lucky.
Colleague ordered a White biturbo Wildtrak last week. Delivery to Brisbane early April they said.
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

wdw wrote:Friend wanted a Wildtrak in specific colour . The only one in OZ is in Alice Springs. Flying Friday and to pick up and drive back to Brisbane. Shop around and you may be lucky.
Colleague ordered a White biturbo Wildtrak last week. Delivery to Brisbane early April they said.
I ordered a Wildtrak X, so no shopping around.

lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

3 container ships currently in port of Melb each carrying stocks of rangers. Docking space is currently an issue prohibiting unloading. Stock available approx 1.5 months
Last edited by lincolnland on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

We are all in the same boat, oh wait, there is no boat :-)

maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Yeah I get an email today with my ford "NSC" number saying mine is in production, I ordered it over a month ago and not holding any hope of seeing it before mid-May
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Yes there is. The boats x3 are current docked in the port of Melbourne
Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

maccarossii wrote:Yeah I get an email today with my ford "NSC" number saying mine is in production, I ordered it over a month ago and not holding any hope of seeing it before mid-May
What engine and model

maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Revo8 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:22 pm
maccarossii wrote:Yeah I get an email today with my ford "NSC" number saying mine is in production, I ordered it over a month ago and not holding any hope of seeing it before mid-May
What engine and model

Wildtrak X with the Bi-Turbo
Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

You have got more correspondence than I. No build email or anything haha I ordered 28/1/21 xlt biturbo

maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Revo8 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm You have got more correspondence than I. No build email or anything haha I ordered 28/1/21 xlt biturbo

I ordered 1 day before you so maybe you'll get lucky tomorrow :D
Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

Haha I’d take anything

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

maccarossii wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 pm Yeah I get an email today with my ford "NSC" number saying mine is in production, I ordered it over a month ago and not holding any hope of seeing it before mid-May
I ordered a biturbo Wildtrak on 9Feb for what I was told was a mid-March delivery. Dealer has been telling me it was on track, perhaps slipping to end-March. Today, I also got an email from Ford saying it was "In Production" and providing the NSC number. I'm also thinking the vehicle is some time away. Shame, as we have a trip planned with mates to Cape York in June and one of the reasons I did the deal was that the dealer was confident on timing - I assumed they had located a suitable vehicle within Australia.
maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Pilgrim wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:03 pm
maccarossii wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 pm Yeah I get an email today with my ford "NSC" number saying mine is in production, I ordered it over a month ago and not holding any hope of seeing it before mid-May
I ordered a biturbo Wildtrak on 9Feb for what I was told was a mid-March delivery. Dealer has been telling me it was on track, perhaps slipping to end-March. Today, I also got an email from Ford saying it was "In Production" and providing the NSC number. I'm also thinking the vehicle is some time away. Shame, as we have a trip planned with mates to Cape York in June and one of the reasons I did the deal was that the dealer was confident on timing - I assumed they had located a suitable vehicle within Australia.
Hmm yeah that's rough, I was always prepared as the dealer told me that late-April/early-May was most likely for myself, I would think by June should be more likely than not though
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

So many different stories from different dealers. Seems like a bit of a lottery when your car is build and shipped.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Pepe962

Post by Pepe962 »

Maybe I just haven’t got my delay letter yet
My ship, the Dorado Leader, docked in Brisbane last week before continuing on to Port Kembla
I assumed they unloaded my vehicle there but no confirmation as such
But when I backtrack it’s path it came from Singapore to Darwin, Brisbane, Port Kembla
So unless they transported it via another method to Singapore (possible). They may have given me dodgy info
Only time will tell if everything is still on track.
Judging by the posts in this thread there’s a high chance I’m going to be in for a delay but just haven’t been told yet
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

When I got mine in 2016, it came straight from Thailand to Brisbane. But who knows what they are doing these days. But I doubt they would have gone to Singapore, to be loaded on the ship.

Pepe962

Post by Pepe962 »

Update:
I thought I would ring the dealer to get my expected bad news over and done with
He told me that they had received a shipping notice at 8:15 this morning advising that my car would be delivered to them today or Monday at the latest
So it seems mine is arriving early 😀
He did mention that some vehicles had been delayed and some hadn’t, it was a mixed bag as to how it worked out.
Seems I have just been lucky
I should qualify this by saying he hadn’t actually laid eyes on my car yet so I’m still approaching this with some caution
I have no idea why the shipping information didn’t show the ship stopping in Thailand but I guess the ship tracking or the link to the actual ship was incorrect
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

Just went and saw my dealer to get an update. Mine is on Harvest Leader due to arrive in Brisbane 21/3, so anyone else in Brisbane/QLD waiting, yours may be on that ship too.

Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

BlkWildtrak wrote:Just went and saw my dealer to get an update. Mine is on Harvest Leader due to arrive in Brisbane 21/3, so anyone else in Brisbane/QLD waiting, yours may be on that ship too.

When did you order it

BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

Late November. Initially I was given Feb 26 as delivery date.
Have fun picking yours up. What colour did you get?

Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

Mine doesn’t even have a production date. God knows when it will even be built. Gone for aluminium silver

Pepe962

Post by Pepe962 »

Took delivery of my Aluminium Wildtrak X today
It actually arrived early, was ready on Wednesday but I couldn’t get to the dealer til today

Dealer said things were getting worse in terms of delays and said they were not getting any joy with new orders, so people getting theirs in the next few weeks were fortunate

He said it was mainly due to semiconductor shortages and would really impact availability after June
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

Mine has just arrived at the docks at Brisbane this morning.

maccarossii

Post by maccarossii »

Pepe962 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:02 pm Took delivery of my Aluminium Wildtrak X today
It actually arrived early, was ready on Wednesday but I couldn’t get to the dealer til today

Dealer said things were getting worse in terms of delays and said they were not getting any joy with new orders, so people getting theirs in the next few weeks were fortunate

He said it was mainly due to semiconductor shortages and would really impact availability after June
Any pics to chuck up? I may as well live vicariously through other people while waiting for mine haha
Pepe962

Post by Pepe962 »

Shame about the stock tyres
Attachments
D214FD34-C377-416A-8D0A-174FBAE16C61.jpeg
33C54E48-FF3B-42EC-81B8-B880D9E78A2D.jpeg
Revo8

Post by Revo8 »

Looks great