4WD Supercentre

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Simon
Site Admin

4WD Supercentre

Post by Simon »

just a bit of feedback on the service we have had from these guys as have bought a bit of their gear.

Bought a Dominator extreme in May last year that had the update to a rotatable gearbox and went to fit it in April this year only to discover that it was the old model you could not rotate the gearbox on.

So to cut a long story short they did replace it with the latest model which has the rotatable gearbox which was pretty darn good as I doubt this would be the case with some other retailers.

Just before going on holidays we bought a 200w solar blanket with mppt controller which fried itself way up north so rang the 1800 number told them what had happened.
The girl apologized severaal times that the controller had failed and offered to send a new one to the next town PO for us to pickup which we thought was almost unbelievable in this day and age .
Had the new unit sent to our home address (in the country) at no charge and it was waiting for us when we got home.

You hear so many bad stories about poor customer service these days so when one receives very good service I think a pat on the back so to speak is deserved .

I have no affiliation with 4wd supercentre at all and just relaying our experience.

Cheers
Rosspat
300 Club

Re: 4WD Supercentre

Post by Rosspat »

Customer service may be good but their products are not the best, but they are cheap
Bought a compressor, bought it home and tried it but it didn't work, motor ran but didn't pump air
Took it straight back, less than an hour after I bought it
The shop was bloody useless
We got to test it
Well test it
We don't have a battery
Come outside and use my vehicle
He reluctantly did it and guess what,it didn't pump air
He spoke to his boss who put me through the third degree
Boss rang head office to ask if they wanted him to send compressor to Sydney for testing
They said no, just replace it
It took 2 hours to get a new one
Some months later I bought a regulated solar panel, that failed after 2 weeks
You get what you pay for, painfully obvious with kings gear
2018 Winning Blue XLT
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Unfortunately i agree. Their stuff is chinese junk. Whilst i certainly appreciate excellent customer service, the kings or supa centre stuff is rubbish in my experience. Buy once, buy Australian made if possible snd support local manufacturing and quality. Full credit to the staff that served Simon
GerryP

Post by GerryP »

Interesting as I have quite bit of their stuff like double headed air compressor, wing awning, dash cam, HUD speedo, ground mat, roof top tent (2nd hand) light bar, camping lights (2 kinds), folding aluminium table, spare wheel rubbish bag and not an issue with any of them.
Rosspat
300 Club

Post by Rosspat »

Yes, just the luck of the draw Gerry
In our group one guy is on his third 45lt Kings fridge/freezer in 2 years while another is still using his first one nearly four years old
2018 Winning Blue XLT
Brente1982
300 Club

Post by Brente1982 »

Their products are hit and miss. I have 2 solar blanket that are still going strong, i also have a fixed solar panel which is still going strong. The dual thumper is still going strong and it has been flogged to death. If you buy from them with a mindset that their products are going to be sensational, well expect to be disappointed in one shape or form.

The only product that has failed me is the awning and that was because the pop rivets s*** themselves. All good as I put a 270 degree awning on anyway.
PX2 My17 XLT Dual Cab - Aluminium Silver
Fitted with a host of accessories that have made my Ranger one heavy a$$ b1atch