Fridge Slide

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Gibbon25

Fridge Slide

Post by Gibbon25 »

Just purchased an XTM Fridge slide for 2014 Ranger can this be screwed directly into the tub ? Can’t find anything except with storage drawer under which makes it too high for easy access.
Prado - 3D
300 Club

Re: Fridge Slide

Post by Prado - 3D »

Hey mate, I did my ARB direct to the tub floor. Normal stuff, look (underneath the tub) and measure twice, three times if necessary before drilling. I reenforced the underside of the tub using some flat bar to spread the load if it ever tried to pull through. I had some of the flashing tape in the shed from a roof repair and installed between the flat bar and the underside of the tub. When squeezed when bolted together it creates a seal and a rubber layer between the tub and the flat bar.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/consolidate ... lsrc=aw.ds

After all installed and tightened, I had a welder tack the nuts to the flat bar so the slide could be removed by just unbolting from the topside. The flat bar doesn’t come away from the tub because of the flashing tape.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10980

Hope this is clear to understand and helps.

Cheers, DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
Brente1982
300 Club

Post by Brente1982 »

Like DJ mentioned, although I tbink he mentioned it for under the tub, is run a rubber strip down each side of the slide where you screw through.
PX2 My17 XLT Dual Cab - Aluminium Silver
Fitted with a host of accessories that have made my Ranger one heavy a$$ b1atch
Gibbon25

Post by Gibbon25 »

Ok great thanks