Rhino rack pioneer platform

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Tom123

Rhino rack pioneer platform

Post by Tom123 »

Looking at getting a rhino rack pioneer platform with backbone put on the cab of my Wildtrak. Wondering if anyone has any review of this system, particularly the wind noise which I have read about, and if you have used the rubber inserts to help and if they have helped?

Cheers
lincolnland

Re: Rhino rack pioneer platform

Post by lincolnland »

Avoid rhino platforms at all costs. Far better off buying a frontrunner. Review tyler thompson, ronny dahl and azventure on youtube. Youll learn why to avoid rhino platforms from their videos.
Torque666
200 Club

Post by Torque666 »

Rhino must have taken a massive hit over the last few months. All it would have cost them is one Backbone system and rack, now its probably cost them 100's of sales.
lincolnland

Post by lincolnland »

Market demands load rated robust racks. Rhino don't supply a suitable product that is required by the market. You can't carry much more than a shovel and a set of maxtrax on a rhino platform and be safe and legal. Defeats the purpose of fitting a rack if it can't hold weight.
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

Thanks for the info, in that case does anyone have a review on the front runner rack and wind noise?
lincolnland

Post by lincolnland »

Watch the vids. Everything is covered
Torque666
200 Club

Post by Torque666 »

I have the front runner rack (4 years) there is wind noise but really unless you drive around in complete silence you don't notice it at all. Is it louder or quieter than a rhino I have no idea.