Linc MIA

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Grant L1
300 Club

Linc MIA

Post by Grant L1 »

What has happened to Lincolnland. I miss his short direct comments.
Prado - 3D
300 Club

Re: Linc MIA

Post by Prado - 3D »

I was thinking the same Grant. I see that Herbie still active on Saeb.net

Cheers, DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
jstanovic
300 Club

Post by jstanovic »

He used to be real helpful and polite, then maybe something happened when he was organising one of his ranger get togethers (apparently did a great job in the past). Then his answers became short and not so helpful.
Still had a lot of info to share but seemed to not be bothered anymore.

Now I see he is banned?
2014 PX1 XLT auto
DangerRanger
300 Club

Post by DangerRanger »

Greetings All

I may be wrong but the topic above this one viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14195 may have something to do with it

Cheers
Gazz
Expect the unexpected !
Grant L1
300 Club

Post by Grant L1 »

Maybe but as you can see years ago I lost my Grant L and I just changed it to Grant L1, I think jstanovic may have answered it with the banned sentence.

There was a bit of a thing about covering up car number plates in a post that the moderator didn't like, so maybe Linc gave him a bit.
SRD0060
200 Club

Post by SRD0060 »

jstanovic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:46 pm He used to be real helpful and polite, then maybe something happened when he was organising one of his ranger get togethers (apparently did a great job in the past). Then his answers became short and not so helpful.
Still had a lot of info to share but seemed to not be bothered anymore.

Now I see he is banned?
“Polite” hahahahahahahah
2019 Wildtrak
Outback Armour shocks
GME XRS
RAPTOR Rim, 285/60/17
Snorkel and K&N filter
It’s not a Mall Crawler.
You don’t learn paying someone to do it!
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

Linc was banned for a few reasons which will remain confidential, but I will remind members here to follow the forum guidelines & rules for everyone's benefit.
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

Trublu wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:33 pm Linc was banned

Shame.
He was a great contributor.
Did more for the forum community than most.
Butch.
Grant L1
300 Club

Post by Grant L1 »

butch. wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:16 am
Trublu wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:33 pm Linc was banned

Shame.
Butch.
Butch, I agree
DangerRanger
300 Club

Post by DangerRanger »

G'day All

The problem with forums is there are 30,000 plus different types of personalities, attitudes, sense of humours and sadly in this day and age an abundance of people who get offended at almost anything and everything if they don't like what they hear !

Moderators - they're the poor people that have to spend their own free time trying to keep those 30,000 plus people they don't know happy - not a position I would like to be in !

I have been a member of this forum for nearly ten years and have learned an incredible amount of stuff about my trusty ten year old Ranger on how it functions, how to maintain it and on the very very very rare occasion how to repair it - along with some invaluable electrical advice and help from trublu when I tried to delete the patch lead required to run my trailer with led lights - big thumbs up to him !!

I rarely visit this site these days for a number of reasons - main ones being my ten year old Ranger is just my old work ute now with almost 300,000 k's on it - my new toy is a GXL 200 series Landcruiser which I just love along with I'm one of those 30,000 plus people with a different personality and different attitude, someone who sees things exactly as they are and says it exactly as I see it and unfortunately it offends that abundance of people who get offended at almost anything and everything if they don't like what they hear :o :o Apologies to all I have offended on here in the past :roll:

In the ten years I've been on here I have met, travelled with, four wheel drived with and camped with some wonderful people who to this day I'm still very good friends with :D :D

Not knocking the newer younger members on here at all but there doesn't seem to be that camaraderie on here now that there was between some of the older members.

Re: Linc ... Butch has nailed it with ...

Shame.
Butch.

I've done numerous trips with Linc along with helping him and Butch arrange the Ranger Meet Up weekends and always had a great time and not only appreciated his unrewarded efforts I also enjoyed his company - funny bloke !

Having said that I can also see why he got banned coz when things didn't go his way he certainly spat the dummy and wasn't shy on speaking his thoughts - see " different types of personalities, attitudes, sense of humours and sadly in this day and age an abundance of people who get offended at almost anything and everything if they don't like what they hear ! "

And I honestly do look forward to catching up with Linc in the future for a beer and a laugh :D :D

Take care everyone and enjoy your Ranger's :D

Cheers Danger
aka Gazz

Ps - If I hadn't already consumed seventeen cans of beers in the last four hours I probably wouldn't have posted this but who cares - so at this point in time I'm just gunna have for more then get on it !!!
Expect the unexpected !
Uncle_Roy
300 Club

Post by Uncle_Roy »

Well said...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Ride - 2016 PXII Wildtrak Aluminium Tech Pak
- Mods: Tailgate Central Locking, gas strut & Bushwacker cap, Whisbar Racks, Ridge Rider 120w 23" bar
Skurfer
100 Club

Post by Skurfer »

It's a shame, especially as this forum has been dying a slow death over the last few years. Facebook and Youtube probably has something to do with that and it seems most forums seem to be going through the same thing. Surprising for this one though seeing how many rangers are on the road and they are starting to get pretty old and needing a fair bit of DIY maintenance.

I went to a few of the trips organised by Linc and they were great fun. Was really the only member off here that was regularly organising trips and get togethers, and he put a lot of effort into them with pre driving and such the bigger trips.
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

I am not a big contributor to the forum, but I enjoy it very much, and have learned a lot of things from members posting advise.
I went to the 3rd annual Ranger meet in Queensland, and was blown away by how far some people had traveled to be part of the weekend. My wife thought I was a bit crazy to go away with a bunch of people I only knew from a forum, but what a great and funfilled weekend it turned out to be.
Linc did a tremendous job organising those meetings. I don't know what happend, but I also noticed that his replies went from being very helpfull, to being short and not helpfull. In a post about tracking your Ranger on the ship to Australia, he said "it's just a car". That is not how he used to be.
I have been involved in a car club before I got my first Ranger, and I learned that you can't please everyone, so I backed out of the committee to be just a common member.
I certainly hope it continues in the way it has as this is a great forum.
Kudos to the administrators that work behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rosspat
300 Club

Post by Rosspat »

DangerRanger wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 pm an abundance of people who get offended at almost anything and everything if they don't like what they hear
Totally agree plus some people read things into posts that aren't there or totally misread posts.
By the way Danger Ranger I did 630,000klms trouble free in my LC200.
2018 Winning Blue XLT
Prado - 3D
300 Club

Post by Prado - 3D »

Skurfer wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm It's a shame, especially as this forum has been dying a slow death over the last few years. Facebook and Youtube probably has something to do with that and it seems most forums seem to be going through the same thing. Surprising for this one though seeing how many rangers are on the road and they are starting to get pretty old and needing a fair bit of DIY maintenance.
Slow death is pretty accurate. Not member numbers that I can tell, just level of contribution by a large number of people have slowed or stopped completely. Why, can’t be bothered dealing with the backlash when people get offended. Easier to bite your tongue, shut up and add little in assistance, just what you know 100% will not get somebodies nose knocked out of joint. That’s almost impossible, so we say nothing or keep it so short so as not to offend. Just the way it is, I don’t like it but I accept it.

Cheers, DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

Slow death is pretty accurate. Not member numbers that I can tell, just level of contribution by a large number of people have slowed or stopped completely. Why, can’t be bothered dealing with the backlash when people get offended. Easier to bite your tongue, shut up and add little in assistance, just what you know 100% will not get somebodies nose knocked out of joint. That’s almost impossible, so we say nothing or keep it so short so as not to offend. Just the way it is, I don’t like it but I accept it.

Skurfer wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm It's a shame, especially as this forum has been dying a slow death over the last few years. Facebook and Youtube probably has something to do with that and it seems most forums seem to be going through the same thing. Surprising for this one though seeing how many rangers are on the road and they are starting to get pretty old and needing a fair bit of DIY maintenance.

I went to a few of the trips organised by Linc and they were great fun. Was really the only member off here that was regularly organising trips and get togethers, and he put a lot of effort into them with pre driving and such the bigger trips.
This forum nearly went off the internet for good when it suffered server problems and had to have software upgraded; in the process of salvaging the forum a lot of contributing members disappeared for reasons unknown to me, All I know we use to have previously over 30,000 members but now only 16,500 members remain so that is a substantial loss of members with quite a few good contributing members not here any more.
Hopefully the forum will continue strongly as there is a wealth of information held here in regards to the current model ranger and no doubt future models.
The forum is what you members make of it.
Cheers
DangerRanger
300 Club

Post by DangerRanger »

Skurfer wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm It's a shame, especially as this forum has been dying a slow death over the last few years.
IMO - that started a few years ago when two members on here complained about the joking, the fun and the humour - all of which made this site different and way better than the other boring and overly serious forums according to hundreds of members. Then when the Annual Ranger Meetup was held in their state those two members didn't roll up or even post something that they were unable to attend !!
Skurfer wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm Facebook and Youtube probably has something to do with that
You are correct there - I am a member of five 4wd/camping forums, two motorcycle forums (along with a stamp collectors and macramé forum ;)) and they all seem to be getting quieter and quieter. Another factor is that people are becoming more time poor due to the demands of modern day living etc.
BlkWildtrak wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 pm I went to the 3rd annual Ranger meet in Queensland, and was blown away by how far some people had traveled to be part of the weekend.
Hey P - a 3600 k return journey isn't that far really for a couple nights of fun and beer drinking is it ??
Rosspat wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:55 pm By the way Danger Ranger I did 630,000klms trouble free in my LC200.
Nice one Rosspat ! Mine is the first model (2007) and it's just clicked over 220,000 and going strong apart from having its first major problem last week - the plastic clip that holds the wiper fluid bottle to the body broke and I had to replace it with a tek screw :roll: but hopefully good for another 15 years :D :D
Skurfer wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm Was really the only member off here that was regularly organising trips and get togethers
Well I would be happy to organise a trip or two along with a get together when time permits if people showed some interest ! But after the last RMU weekend when the forum had 30,000 members we only had 19 people roll up so why would someone go to all the trouble - absolutely pathetic if you ask me !

Hey Trublu - shouldn't you be relaxing, drinking beer and enjoying the scenery were you are instead of posting on here :lol: :lol:

All the best everybody

Cheers
Danger
aka Gazz
Expect the unexpected !
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

To all concern what I will say is I take no pleasure whatsoever in banning or removing members from this forum, if any this course of action only happens after repeated warnings when members don't heed advice to follow the forum guidelines.
As DangerRanger clearly stated in his post it is not easy trying to please everyone and you people probably don't realise of the many messages sent to me of complaints from members.
I hope you all understand being a moderator sometimes an unpleasant decision has to be made for the greater good of all members.
Regards trublu