under body protection

Non Ranger Related Subjects
speedjunkey33

Re: under body protection

Post by speedjunkey33 »

Hello sorry for not replying a bit busy with work.

Price is well above what you pay over in OZ thats because of tax here in Chile and also It's the only thing available captive market.

As for the product, well I'm very impressed, good quality and finish, substantialy more robust than the piece of tin foil that came from the factory. With the way it is pressed ti is very riggid and no flex
big.red

Post by big.red »

Been looking at the bushskinz under body protection. Looks like they now do a transmission guard too

Anyone have the full set? How do you rate it?

Cheers

Simon
Ranger muldz

Post by Ranger muldz »

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/p ... s_id=21985
These look the business ;)
The fact that it is one piece means that it would be stronger too, however ironman seem to be the best value so far.
stasik-a4
300 Club

Post by stasik-a4 »

Having used Superior Gear in the past on my patrol, i can tell you that it is good quality gear and tuff and strong as.
I was looking at getting the ARB gear but since Superior has released these i will be getting them with their sliders also.
Ranger muldz

Post by Ranger muldz »

I think their sliders are a bit too expensive...
Uav

Post by Uav »

Ranger muldz wrote:I think their sliders are a bit too expensive...

X2

Massively

Considering I made mine for less than $50
EFIwindsor
200 Club

Post by EFIwindsor »

Does price include recovery point?

2012 BT50 no mods to date :( towing a custom soft floor camper-
hughesy90
100 Club

Post by hughesy90 »

Those superior plates are for PJ/PK ranger so not PX! A shame because they look like a quality piece of gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EFIwindsor
200 Club

Post by EFIwindsor »

hughesy90 wrote:Those superior plates are for PJ/PK ranger so not PX! A shame because they look like a quality piece of gear!

It has coils/struts on the front.
Old model has torsion bars

2012 BT50 no mods to date :( towing a custom soft floor camper-
hughesy90
100 Club

Post by hughesy90 »

True... Must be a misprint because their ad says for series 1... PX is series 2

zacsbee89
200 Club

Post by zacsbee89 »

I'd say it'd be PX series 1 hughesy.
hughesy90
100 Club

Post by hughesy90 »

There is no series 2 PX.. Image

It's probably just a misprint on their website but if you click PJ/PK (Series 1) then the option for the superior bash plate shows up, if you click PX then the only option for a bash plate is an ironman!

zacsbee89
200 Club

Post by zacsbee89 »

ahhh I see... they have called px series 2...

There picture of the new bash guards is definitely a Px.
Ranger muldz

Post by Ranger muldz »

How think are the standard plates?
Uav

Post by Uav »

Bush skins bash plates

f1tzy

Post by f1tzy »

Has anyone had any problems with the front bushskinz bash plate not lining up? Where is overlaps with the sump/diff plate only has about 5mm sitting under the washers which is not right or i can overlap it the other way but the small lip beside the cutout for the diff mount sits down 10mm. The transmission plate wasn't a great fit either because i had to widen a mounting hole due to it covering half the thread
Trolling Dirt

Post by Trolling Dirt »

Arh someone else that drinks dare iced coffee LOL.

Them plates do look smooth & great I may have to check them out more.
Dipstik

Post by Dipstik »

macmanluke wrote:Here you go:

When i get a chance I'm going to paint them satin black.
Mac this looks like a great combination. Shame I didnt see these before buying TJM front and sump guards although they are similar but out of 3 mm and a bit of ventilation and after bottoming out in some deep wheel ruts they have some design faults mainly due to being mass produced. So after straightening them back out they will be getting some bracing ect.
jasonb92
25 Club

Post by jasonb92 »

my bloody transfer case guard has peeled back and one of the sump guards bolts have fallen out... dunno what i hit for that to happen...
Trolling Dirt

Post by Trolling Dirt »

jasonb92 wrote:my bloody transfer case guard has peeled back and one of the sump guards bolts have fallen out... dunno what i hit for that to happen...
Hehehe probably one of them sneaky echidnas LOL
Also know as big black rocks.
gooldin
300 Club

Post by gooldin »

jasonb92 wrote:my bloody transfer case guard has peeled back and one of the sump guards bolts have fallen out... dunno what i hit for that to happen...
Yeah, this is what happens when they dont use countersunk allen key bolts in their design. Anyone know of a company that produces such a plate? I've seen it before on other vehicles!
f1tzy

Post by f1tzy »

f1tzy wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the front bushskinz bash plate not lining up? Where is overlaps with the sump/diff plate only has about 5mm sitting under the washers which is not right or i can overlap it the other way but the small lip beside the cutout for the diff mount sits down 10mm. The transmission plate wasn't a great fit either because i had to widen a mounting hole due to it covering half the thread
I ended up speaking to bushskinz and was told that some rangers require a longer front plate so they are sending me one as we speak free of charge. They are quite good to deal with
gooldin
300 Club

Post by gooldin »

f1tzy wrote:
f1tzy wrote:some rangers

I take it this means - depending on whether its a single, double, or super cab?
f1tzy

Post by f1tzy »

Not sure if its got anything to do with that but he said to me via email it has to do with bullbars but i don't currently have one. I mentioned that i will be getting a t13 bar soon but the new plate will suit that too
cucinadio

Post by cucinadio »

zuno555 wrote:Just bought and installed the ARB under vehicle protection today. Much cheaper than the tjm kit, the quality is awesome, there is 35kgs of steel in it, seems very strong. Instructions were good and clear, all bolt holes lined up perfectly.

I looked at a few other sets, usually around the $300 mark just for front and maybe sump guard. So for RRP $569 including a very strong transmission guard and tcase guard I think its pretty good value, especially if you ask for a few $$ off and get it cheaper. I didn't get the recovery point, that did seem pretty pricey but again they are super strong and well made. I might get that down the track.

Like butch said, under the car there are lots of vulnerable looking bits, much more so than older simpler cars.

Rocky river crossings, rocky tracks etc just one into the diff etc could ruin your trip and cost a lot more in recovery and repair. I think of it as insurance.

They can be purchased separately mate?
Neil_cricket

Post by Neil_cricket »

Has anyone fitted the ARB underbody protection with TJM bull bar
martialllaw

Post by martialllaw »

Chasing a review of the Brown Davis plates. I realise these are 3mm rather than 4mm, but as they are folded and gusseted I was wondering/hoping they might be good strength wise and also offer a bit of a weight saving.
ktmsteve
50 Club

Post by ktmsteve »

Seems a good deal for anyone chasing stainless steel underbody protection

https://www.bashplatesdirect.com.au/?f ... 7fjExhb180

Due South
25 Club

Post by Due South »

ktmsteve wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:59 pm Seems a good deal for anyone chasing stainless steel underbody protection

https://www.bashplatesdirect.com.au/?f ... 7fjExhb180

Have the Scrub King antenna bonnet mount. Seems good quality.

Would you go the 3mm, 4mm or the 6mm plates?
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

4mm steel or ss, 6mm alloy
Bush skin's are the go
blueshine
75 Club

Post by blueshine »

Go metal if you want, but that's a lot of added weight, which is usually a problem in this day and age.

Otherwise get plastic ones from here https://smartbar.com.au/uva/

They might be a bit more expensive but they are the real deal. Full coverage, rock solid (I've given mine quite a workout on sharp rocks already). And only adds 7kg which is a huge saving.

Yes, that's smartbar based in Adelaide, who make plastic bullbars and the ARB long range tanks. The UVA is made of the same polymer as the tanks and bars and is at least 10mm thick. It's just about unbreakable, and doesn't rust either.
Skurfer
100 Club

Post by Skurfer »

I have brown Davis 4mm underbody protection which has been great. Has taken a massive beating. Would be close to indestructible plus all the bolts are recessed which means they don't get rounded off scraping on the ground like some other brands.

Downside is the full set is very heavy. Probably about 40kg all up. If I was to buy again I would definitely get something lighter to free up some GVM, but it's not something I worry about too much.