Leaky Ranger

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Stick Minnow
25 Club

Leaky Ranger

Post by Stick Minnow »

Well i am very happy with my XLT Ranger, have done over 5000km's now and it hasn't missed a beat. However i have discovered that after it rains i end up with puddles of water, and i mean puddles, on both sides of the rear passenger seats. Needless to say i am not impressed. I have pretty much narrowed it down to it leaking through the rubber strips on thr roof and then running down the inside of the plastic trim.

Now i just have to find time to go back to ford. Has anyone else had this issue?
mara
200 Club

Re: Leaky Ranger

Post by mara »

Do you have roof racks fitted? They may let small gaps in top of rubber seal allowing the water in and follow door frame?
Stick Minnow
25 Club

Post by Stick Minnow »

No Roof Racks.
Aquahead2001
100 Club

Post by Aquahead2001 »

Can I suggest that you sit inside of it and get someone to play the garden hose over the vehicle so you can identify exactly where the leaks are coming from. If it's coing under the seals, it may be poorly fitted seals. if its coming through somewhere such as the roof join, there may be a lack of sealant. Its much better to have an idea of what causing the leak before you take it to the dealer and ask him to sort it out.
g-mantrix
300 Club

Post by g-mantrix »

thought I'd chime in on this. Now normally when driving I have the tunes going, and thought this morning just to switch off the tunes and listen to the Ranger road noise along the Tulla hwy. Interestingly, very quiet road noise wise, what i did hear was a splish/splash of water somewhere. Very sligt but like water was sitting in a door and splashing around. We have had rain of late (melbourne weather), and appears to be coming from passenger side. cant pick that the carpet floor area is wet. Maybe turn off your radios etc, and try to liste out, i will investigate a liitle more
Davros
50 Club

Post by Davros »

What did this end up being? Similar issues! Dave