Towing mirrors - PX Wildtrak

Non Ranger Related Subjects
oz71BBroadster
100 Club

Towing mirrors - PX Wildtrak

Post by oz71BBroadster »

Hi everyone, looking to fit some caravan towing mirrors to a 2014 PX Wildtrak and keen to hear anyone's feedback or thoughts on what has worked and what hasn't worked. I have leaning towards the mirror mount units but not at any specific brands. Anyone had any good or bad experiences or any words of wisdom?
Cheers,
Pat
johna56
50 Club

Re: Towing mirrors - PX Wildtrak

Post by johna56 »

In the market for new mirrors also. From what I have seen so far it appears that the Milenco brand seems to be the best vibration free and not affected by oncoming trucks.
Hate those damn elephant ears you see hanging out and not retracted when not towing. See the overhanging the centre line on a bridge near home every day of the week. About time to police started applying the law re mirrors ( fixed or clip-ons ) being out past the legal limit..
paull
50 Club

Post by paull »

I have the Milenco (the larger squarer ones) that just fix to your door mirror housing. On my JK Wrangler they vibrate terribly but I did speak to someone with same mirrors on PX XLT Ranger and he said he loved them and they hardly vibrated at all. I think the vibrations I get now on the JK are more due to the car mirror housings being relatively lose and easy to move. Hopefully when I get the Ranger they'll be a lot better.
Crippsy
50 Club

Post by Crippsy »

I replaced my mirrors with clearview brilliant mirrors as they extend a further 100mm each when towing only issue price $800
Cheers Rod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
56 SWB Landrover, 75 SWB Landcruiser, 83 Camira, 76 XF, 97 EL, 09 FG XR6, 2013 Wildtrak (Bloody luv it)
01 TTR600, 07 XVS1300A, 10 DR650SE
JSA
100 Club

Post by JSA »

I've been contemplating clear view mirrors too for ages but can't get my head around the price tag. Even if they are fully electronically retractable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk