2016 Build Wildtrak

Non Ranger Related Subjects
mikejhx

Re: 2016 Build Wildtrak

Post by mikejhx »

Lylexr8 wrote:my brother ordered one on Saturday and told may delivery
Are you sure that wasn't may deliver ? not May Delivery :-)
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

mikejhx wrote:
Lylexr8 wrote:my brother ordered one on Saturday and told may delivery
Are you sure that wasn't may deliver ? not May Delivery :-)
A friend of mine ordered one over the weekend and was told August-September !!!
Brenton Wooding

Post by Brenton Wooding »

I ordered mine in September 15for early March 16 delivery, didn't want it before then. Dealer has confirmed end March delivery, went on the line 19th Feb, takes 10 days to build and come off the line. Now confirmed as on the ship docking 14th March. Hope this time line helps
Last edited by Brenton Wooding on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
spiky

Post by spiky »

drgt303 wrote:Im in newcastle area also , have ordered a metro grey wildtrack and the delivery date advised is the end of May. So they say will have to wait and see like everyone else.
I've ordered one through the Kloster Group (Newcastle area) in mid-Feb and have been told delivery will be June, "possibly July" (which I took to mean it will be here in August :roll: ). I'll be interested to see when yours arrives.
Excouncil
300 Club

Post by Excouncil »

Carsguide are consistently saying that Wildtrak is sold out for 6 months ahead .
At worst , after you get confirmation that your order is scheduled for production ;
It is 10 days in production and then up to 6 weeks before it is at your dealer .
Wallace44
25 Club

Post by Wallace44 »

I just ordered mine today and am told 3-4 month wait... Hopefully it's not the 6+ some people have mentioned

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

Excouncil wrote:Carsguide are consistently saying that Wildtrak is sold out for 6 months ahead .
At worst , after you get confirmation that your order is scheduled for production ;
It is 10 days in production and then up to 6 weeks before it is at your dealer .
Must be a great car if sold out six month production in advance
jeffb5ltr
100 Club

Post by jeffb5ltr »

Ordered Oct 2015 told it will be here 30th April 2016

Is meant to be a Early March build date
spiky

Post by spiky »

Ooh, how excitement. Mid-Feb order, looks like it'll be here mid-June.

Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

Finally took delivery of my Wildtrak last friday so in all a 5 month wait. Vehicle is good but the delivery by the dealer was the worst I have ever experienced.If I hadn't waited for the vehicle for 5 months I would have walked out without it.Last time I will ever set foot into that dealership.I have filled out the ford Survey accordingly.
johna56
50 Club

Post by johna56 »

Skier1 wrote:Finally took delivery of my Wildtrak last friday so in all a 5 month wait. Vehicle is good but the delivery by the dealer was the worst I have ever experienced.If I hadn't waited for the vehicle for 5 months I would have walked out without it.Last time I will ever set foot into that dealership.I have filled out the ford Survey accordingly.
Seeing more of this every day. Great vehicle but being let down by some dealers and Ford needs to get on top of it ASAP.
The supply of spare parts is also bad when it takes 9 weeks ( fast tracked) to get a windscreen.
spiky

Post by spiky »

Skier1 wrote:Finally took delivery of my Wildtrak last friday so in all a 5 month wait. Vehicle is good but the delivery by the dealer was the worst I have ever experienced.If I hadn't waited for the vehicle for 5 months I would have walked out without it.Last time I will ever set foot into that dealership.I have filled out the ford Survey accordingly.
I've had some dreadful experiences with dealers. although the delivery and handover of my wife's Mazda late last year was pretty much faultless (and I'm very picky, believe me).

I presume that yours came from the Tudor St dealer? I'd be interested to hear more about the experience. Mine is coming from Rutherford, who - so far - have been pretty good to deal with. A heads-up from you on potential service issues within the group would be useful though.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

spiky wrote:
I've had some dreadful experiences with dealers. although the delivery and handover of my wife's Mazda late last year was pretty much faultless (and I'm very picky, believe me).

I presume that yours came from the Tudor St dealer? I'd be interested to hear more about the experience. Mine is coming from Rutherford, who - so far - have been pretty good to deal with. A heads-up from you on potential service issues within the group would be useful though.
Sorry to tell you but mine come from the Rutherford dealer.
Lylexr8
25 Club

Post by Lylexr8 »

So how do you find out delivery times and when it's getting built etc? My dealer didn't give me a delivery date because he's pretty genuine and said he didn't want to disappoint if it was t on time cos a lot have been a month after the date they've told customers
Newtrak

Post by Newtrak »

I ordered mine on 22nd April and have been told June build for July delivery. Told by the salesman that Ford trying to fix up the times taken for Wildtrak build and delivery
Dankinny

Post by Dankinny »

I ordered my wildtrak 5 Feb , got told last week will be a June build deliver July
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

Lylexr8 wrote:So how do you find out delivery times and when it's getting built etc? My dealer didn't give me a delivery date because he's pretty genuine and said he didn't want to disappoint if it was t on time cos a lot have been a month after the date they've told customers
I first of all got the vin number off the dealer and then looked it up on the Ford Etis website. If it shows a build date that doesn't make sense (cant remember the exact date) it is yet to be built. I then got onto ford via a private message on facebook and asked them .Within 24 hours they got back to me with the build date. After the build date I then re-contacted Ford and asked what boat it would be on .Once again they got back to me within 24 hours. I then followed the boat on the marine traffic website until it arrived at the correct port. It went Perth,Adelaide,Melbourne then Port Kembla and then it was off to NZ. After it reached my port it took about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery to me.
The whole time I followed it the dealer had no idea what stage it was up to.
Hope this helps.
Lylexr8
25 Club

Post by Lylexr8 »

My dealer told me today ship is to dock in freo June 18, he hopes to deliver before end of month
Lylexr8
25 Club

Post by Lylexr8 »

Ordered April 8th, ready to pick up June 3rd, a lot quicker than we thought!! So much quicker I haven't got the finance sorted yet so it's sitting pretty at the dealer til maybe Monday!
spiky

Post by spiky »

Skier1 wrote:
Lylexr8 wrote:So how do you find out delivery times and when it's getting built etc? My dealer didn't give me a delivery date because he's pretty genuine and said he didn't want to disappoint if it was t on time cos a lot have been a month after the date they've told customers
I first of all got the vin number off the dealer and then looked it up on the Ford Etis website. If it shows a build date that doesn't make sense (cant remember the exact date) it is yet to be built. I then got onto ford via a private message on facebook and asked them .Within 24 hours they got back to me with the build date. After the build date I then re-contacted Ford and asked what boat it would be on .Once again they got back to me within 24 hours. I then followed the boat on the marine traffic website until it arrived at the correct port. It went Perth,Adelaide,Melbourne then Port Kembla and then it was off to NZ. After it reached my port it took about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery to me.
The whole time I followed it the dealer had no idea what stage it was up to.
Hope this helps.
I phone the dealer: Do you have a delivery date for me yet?
Dealer: End of June
Me: Are you sure?
Dealer: Absolutely. We have the vehicle as being delivered this month
Me: Are you really sure? It was built on 31st of May, and anecdotally (from the Ford forum), it would take at least 6 - 8 weeks to arrive here after being built
Dealer: OK, I'll double-check

20 minutes later...

Dealer: It will be the end of July

:roll:

Yes, I've sent Ford a message through Facebook.
deeperblue

Post by deeperblue »

My Ranger was built on 31st May, on the boat on 2nd June, and expected to be in Brisbane at Byrne Ford on 20th June. Not sure what 6-8 weeks is all about.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

deeperblue wrote:My Ranger was built on 31st May, on the boat on 2nd June, and expected to be in Brisbane at Byrne Ford on 20th June. Not sure what 6-8 weeks is all about.
It all depends how quick it gets on the boat , mine took a couple of weeks. Was built 8th March and I took delivery 22nd April. My calcs work that out at a little over 6 weeks .PS you haven't got it yet !!!!!
spiky

Post by spiky »

Skier1 wrote:
deeperblue wrote:My Ranger was built on 31st May, on the boat on 2nd June, and expected to be in Brisbane at Byrne Ford on 20th June. Not sure what 6-8 weeks is all about.
It all depends how quick it gets on the boat , mine took a couple of weeks. Was built 8th March and I took delivery 22nd April. My calcs work that out at a little over 6 weeks .PS you haven't got it yet !!!!!
Yeah, that's not what I'm getting from Ford. Mine was also built on 31st May. When I messaged Ford with the VIN number, they sent me this reply on Thursday 9th June:

"Hi Chris, your Wildtrak finished build around 10 days ago and was clocked on to the docks yesterday. ETA to the Dealership is 23-JUL-2016. This is an estimate only and we exercise caution around planning actions based on an estimated date. Cheers, FordService"

It seems odd that @deeperblue is going to see the car a whole month before mine. We're only 10 hours drive from each other!
deeperblue

Post by deeperblue »

My Ranger is not a Wildtrak, ordered a XLT Supercab. That could be the reason for the speedy delivery.
Have confirmation from Ford that its on its way to the dealer.
butch.
300 Club

Post by butch. »

deeperblue wrote:My Ranger is not a Wildtrak, ordered a XLT Supercab. That could be the reason for the speedy delivery.
Have confirmation from Ford that its on its way to the dealer.
And a great choice. ........being the pick of the stable :D
Cheers, Butch.
Did I mention I have a Supercab 8-)
spiky

Post by spiky »

butch. wrote: Did I mention I have a Supercab 8-)
We sort-of guessed Butch... :roll:
Newtrak

Post by Newtrak »

Newtrak wrote:I ordered mine on 22nd April and have been told June build for July delivery. Told by the salesman that Ford trying to fix up the times taken for Wildtrak build and delivery
Ford have been true to their word which I wondered about after looking at other posts. The vehicle was built on the 17th June according to the ford ETIS site which was the month I was told and now I am just waiting for it to be loaded on a ship and arrive in Brisbane. Then just the wait until the dealer calls me it is ready for pick up
spiky

Post by spiky »

Newtrak wrote:
Newtrak wrote:I ordered mine on 22nd April and have been told June build for July delivery. Told by the salesman that Ford trying to fix up the times taken for Wildtrak build and delivery
Ford have been true to their word which I wondered about after looking at other posts. The vehicle was built on the 17th June according to the ford ETIS site which was the month I was told and now I am just waiting for it to be loaded on a ship and arrive in Brisbane. Then just the wait until the dealer calls me it is ready for pick up
That's pretty good.

Mine was ordered around 23rd Feb, built 31st May, projected delivery of (about) 29th July. That's 3 months to build, 2 months to deliver. You'll be taking about a month off this time by my reckoning.
deeperblue

Post by deeperblue »

Picked up my Ranger today, so from deposit on 18th May to delivery was just over a month. Its amazing when you think it had not been built before the deposit. I do feel sorry for you guys who have bought a Wildtrak and having to wait so long.
From start to finish it was a very pleasant transaction. The car is amazing and can't wait to take it out for a run on the weekend.