2016 Build Wildtrak

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Skier1
75 Club

2016 Build Wildtrak

Post by Skier1 »

Hi all just wondering what others have been told by the dealer in relation to delivery dates of 2016 build Wildtrak's
I ordered mine on 28th Nov 15 and was told it would be here early-mid March. On Thursday I received a email from Ford saying my vehicle isn't in stock but we're getting ready to build one.
When I approached the dealer I told him gee it's taken 10 weeks to realise there isn't one in stock , how long will it be ? I was then told that the delivery has gone from early-mid March to late April.
Well this didn't impress me at all. I can't believe there is no system in place to be able to tell you the approx delivery date to at least within a week.
How long has everybody else been told for delivery of a 16 build.
My concern now is will it be delayed again as they wont give me any guarantee on the delivery date .
paull
50 Club

Re: 2016 Build Wildtrak

Post by paull »

I'm not yet at the point of ordering one but I was talking to a dealer last week who said exactly what you just have. He said that he had received info from Ford to say that orders that were placed late last year for a Feb/Mar delivery would be delayed are now expected to be delivered in April/May. Something to do with the factory closure over Xmas, though why that shouldn't have been factored in originally is beyond me. It's not like Xmas came at a different time of year this year. He did say that people weren't exactly thrilled to hear the news when he told them.

What does your contract say? There should be a clause to say that they have to deliver within a certain time frame. No doubt they give themselves something ridiculous like 12 months to supply before they are in breach of contract.
kawalsky19
50 Club

Post by kawalsky19 »

I know its not a Wildtrak, but with my Supercab XLT, I ordered it in September last year wanting for it to be delivered on the 19th of this month when I return to AUS. In early November was given the option of a DEC build JAN deliver car or a FEB build MAR deliver. I opted for the DEC/JAN combo and got a JAN build FEB Deliver, car is at customs now. What I'm getting at is FORD Australia has no idea when they decide to get around to doing stuff in Thailand. My car was built when they said they were not building any of that spec. Its a odd system but its what happens with overseas production.
FreestyleCab
25 Club

Post by FreestyleCab »

@Skier1

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered a Wildtrak in November and was told ....Expected delivery in late February / early March 2016. Called in to the dealer a week or so ago and was told late March or more likely mid April.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

FreestyleCab wrote:@Skier1

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered a Wildtrak in November and was told ....Expected delivery in late February / early March 2016. Called in to the dealer a week or so ago and was told late March or more likely mid April.

Well that makes me feel a bit better knowing that others have also been delayed .I thought that it may have been a one off as I done a good deal on the vehicle and was thinking it may have been their way of getting out of the deal.I still can't believe that they cannot give a more precise delivery date and stick to it , of course there may be delays like a few years ago with the tsunami but they should be able to be fairly precise.
265AMG

Post by 265AMG »

Ordered Wildtrak first week of Sept,was told end of Nov,then told Dec,now it will be April. Very pi@#ed off to say the least.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

265AMG wrote:Ordered Wildtrak first week of Sept,was told end of Nov,then told Dec,now it will be April. Very pi@#ed off to say the least.
My initial wait was due to me wanting a 2016 build. The dealer told me there was minimal wait on a 2015 build and I could have one in Jan 16 when I ordered it. ?
I would not be happy with that delay !!
mikejhx

Post by mikejhx »

Skier1 wrote:Hi all just wondering what others have been told by the dealer in relation to delivery dates of 2016 build Wildtrak's
I ordered mine on 28th Nov 15 and was told it would be here early-mid March. On Thursday I received a email from Ford saying my vehicle isn't in stock but we're getting ready to build one.
When I approached the dealer I told him gee it's taken 10 weeks to realise there isn't one in stock , how long will it be ? I was then told that the delivery has gone from early-mid March to late April.
Well this didn't impress me at all. I can't believe there is no system in place to be able to tell you the approx delivery date to at least within a week.
How long has everybody else been told for delivery of a 16 build.
My concern now is will it be delayed again as they wont give me any guarantee on the delivery date .
My Wildtrak Order Story is exactly the same ordered mid November due end of Feb, now due end of April. I am not surprised or even peeved, I expected the dealers delivery date to be wrong :-)

Cheers

Mike
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

Same for me, was offered my Wildtrak December build delivery late January, but opted for Jan build delivery late February. A couple of weeks ago I asked for an update and was told it was now Feb build, delivery late March as factory is shut down in January.
Why did the dealer not know that the factory is shut down in January? If I knew that, I would have taken the Dec build one, but thought what's another 4 weeks and I get a 16 plated car.
I ordered in Septemper so also a long wait for me, and half expecting they are going to tell me it won't be delivered before April.
Dankinny

Post by Dankinny »

Ordered mine on Friday just gone and told May/June , most likely June .......
kawalsky19
50 Club

Post by kawalsky19 »

Factory shut down in Jan? mine was built on the 6th of Jan 16
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

kawalsky19 wrote:Factory shut down in Jan? mine was built on the 6th of Jan 16
Well there has also been a huge surge in orders in Asia for the Fords. I was lucky when I ordered mine I took the showroom car to save time.
Dealer wasn't happy. But as I wanted an ARB Bar and lights fitted and had a 2 week dive trip planned, I said they could fit the Wildtrak out and put it back on the showroom floor.

I live in Taiwan, people are also waiting here. My friend just ordered one after he drove mine. He was to wait till April at earliest.

Just can say this, you will appreciate your Ford even more once you get it. :)
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

So have you taken delivery ? If so just wondering how long from build to delivery ?
kawalsky19
50 Club

Post by kawalsky19 »

I take delivery hopefully on the 19th, car arrived in Sydney on the 31st and is in customs now, should be at the dealer on the 13th
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

This is strange, are FORD telling porkies because they can't keep up with demand? Thought it sounded strange, will go and see my dealer tomorrow and ask what's going on.

Update:
Saw the dealer this morning, they haven't got a clue what"s going on and no more info on my order.
rapidattack

Post by rapidattack »

Anyone know if any updates or changes would be likely in 2016 builds from 2015?
I assume it gives them time to update or re-tool if stuff ups are noted.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

rapidattack wrote:Anyone know if any updates or changes would be likely in 2016 builds from 2015?
I assume it gives them time to update or re-tool if stuff ups are noted.
No change at all I am told only 2016 on the build plate instead of 2015 :D
jeffb5ltr
100 Club

Post by jeffb5ltr »

I ordered a Wildtrak for a supervisor at work at the end of the Oct 2015 and i was told delivery 28th April 2016 and was told there was no chance of getting a White wildtrak with Tech pack in Auto before then. So far the delivery date hasn't changed.n Which suited my supervisor as he had to off load his Hilux and he wanted a 2016 build as well

I also ordered my Aluminum Auto XLT with Tech pack which arrives 16th March, but I did ask for it to be a 2016 build and compliance so it technically wasn't ordered until Late Dec 15.

Im in Sydney
Last edited by jeffb5ltr on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreestyleCab
25 Club

Post by FreestyleCab »

I ordered my orange Wildtrak auto tech pack in early November with a March-April delivery. Dealer called me in early January and told me he could get a silver or white one in mid January if I wanted to change colour. I Said no, I wanted orange.

What state are you in? There seems to be a few unwanted orders at dealers that come up every now and again that dealers can swap between themselves.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

FreestyleCab wrote:I ordered my orange Wildtrak auto tech pack in early November with a March-April delivery. Dealer called me in early January and told me he could get a silver or white one in mid January if I wanted to change colour. I Said no, I wanted orange.

What state are you in? There seems to be a few unwanted orders at dealers that come up every now and again that dealers can swap between themselves.
I'm in Newcastle NSW, have been told my silver Wildtrak ,auto with tech pack will now be here in April , probably end of April.
FreestyleCab
25 Club

Post by FreestyleCab »

Called in to my dealer today for an update and delivery is now pushed further back and is now mid May. Just over 6 months wait!
drgt303

Post by drgt303 »

Im in newcastle area also , have ordered a metro grey wildtrack and the delivery date advised is the end of May. So they say will have to wait and see like everyone else.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

drgt303 wrote:Im in newcastle area also , have ordered a metro grey wildtrack and the delivery date advised is the end of May. So they say will have to wait and see like everyone else.
When did you place your order ?
drgt303

Post by drgt303 »

When did you place your order ?
Kloster Ford Motor group - through lease company. Early Feb 2016
Richg79

Post by Richg79 »

I ordered my silver wildtrak with tech pack last week and was told 16 weeks ( I'm in the UK )
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

I just went to visit my dealer in Taiwan today. They are out of stock and waiting list is 4 - 6 months.

Lucky I got mine as I went on first visit they just had a new May 2015 build delivered in August 2015 and I took it off the showroom floor a couple of days after it arrived.
I am the only person I know who hasn't waited the 3 or 4 months from build to delivery.

Then the crazy thing is the price increased by A$8400 2 months after I bought it. nuts
stu-k

Post by stu-k »

Ordered in Oct and got it this week...luv it!
BLACKCRUSADER
200 Club

Post by BLACKCRUSADER »

stu-k wrote:Ordered in Oct and got it this week...luv it!
Yeah I'm enjoying mine after 6 months.
Craig001
300 Club

Post by Craig001 »

I ordered my XLT supercab in November and was told that due to wanting the tech pack I would not receive my ute till early to mid April it seems that they new back then about any planned delays. Double checked with the dealer toady and they confirmed the delivery date. I do believe however you can be released out of your contract if the dealer is unable to supply your vehicle 30 days from the delivery date on your contract.
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

Craig001 wrote:I ordered my XLT supercab in November and was told that due to wanting the tech pack I would not receive my ute till early to mid April it seems that they new back then about any planned delays. Double checked with the dealer toady and they confirmed the delivery date. I do believe however you can be released out of your contract if the dealer is unable to supply your vehicle 30 days from the delivery date on your contract.
Have you or anyone else recieved a email from Ford Australia to let you know they have started the build ? I am curious how long the build and import takes from when the email is recieved saying that build has started.
The dealer was going to give my deposit back no problems but I have already waited since Nov so I might as well wait for it now !!!!!
BlkWildtrak
300 Club

Post by BlkWildtrak »

I never got email from FORD, but after a while I finally got confirmation that it has been build 11/2. It left Thailand 20/2 on Durban Highway and are due in Brisbane 3/3, so 12 days, but a bit longer to southern states. Due at dealer 26/3 sounds like a long time from port to dealer, but I guess there are compliance to be done etc etc. The stock controller should be able to give you win number and name of wessel so you can track it. Once you got win no you can also go onto My Ford and download the manual so you can start reading about the features in your car. Hope this helps.
Craig001
300 Club

Post by Craig001 »

Hi Skier 1. I received no email from Ford just a call from the dealership. The delay would allow me to cancel the contract but then the wait would start again !!!
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
FreestyleCab
25 Club

Post by FreestyleCab »

Skier1 wrote: Have you or anyone else recieved a email from Ford Australia to let you know they have started the build ? I am curious how long the build and import takes from when the email is recieved saying that build has started.
The dealer was going to give my deposit back no problems but I have already waited since Nov so I might as well wait for it now !!!!!
I have received no emails but my dealer checked again on my Wildtrak and it's built date is 23 March and my delivery date is 15 May. Central west NSW
ben_1986

Post by ben_1986 »

I was talking to my dealer on Friday, he said after a lot of dealers putting pressure on them ford have updated their system to give them a build completed date for orders.
I ordered mine 28/11/15 and he told me it would be finished and ready to be loaded on the boat 28/3/16 so I can expect to see it towards the end of April :(
jasondxb

Post by jasondxb »

Morning All

1st post from a POM living in the UAE

I ordered my Wildtrack about 5 weeks ago and was told delivery by Mid april

The dealer phoned me today to confirm date was till good, but globally Ford had decided to stop fitting the rear roller shutter,

Has anyone else heard this or is the dealer here trying to increase their profit margins
Dankinny

Post by Dankinny »

Spoke to the dealer today , ordered mine start feb , he is saying that he thinks it will be lucky to be here by June , he said that they didn't even get any cars in the latest allocation for April , they have orders in the system for 25 wildtraks . He reckons the way ford are going that in another month or so he wouldn't be surprised if there is a 12 month wait ...... Gotta just be patient
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

I got the vin number from the dealer late last week and sent a facebook message to Ford on Friday night , they got back to me this morning saying that my vehicle was being manufactured today and would be here for late April . See how I go .Fingers crossed .!!!!
StvTheo
200 Club

Post by StvTheo »

Ordered my Wildtrak late November 2015 and told delivery would be late March 2016. Truck was delivered end of January 2016. Build date plate was December 2015 and compliance plate date was January 2016. Sydney Australia.
Work to Live NOT Live to Work
Lylexr8
25 Club

Post by Lylexr8 »

my brother ordered one on Saturday and told may delivery
Skier1
75 Club

Post by Skier1 »

StvTheo wrote:Ordered my Wildtrak late November 2015 and told delivery would be late March 2016. Truck was delivered end of January 2016. Build date plate was December 2015 and compliance plate date was January 2016. Sydney Australia.
Good stuff, I requested a 16 build hence the longer wait