SG Fleet insurance

Non Ranger Related Subjects
Dunbyu
200 Club

SG Fleet insurance

Post by Dunbyu »

I have noticed a couple of post on the forum that members have leased through SG Fleet so my question is to them.

Did you take your comprehensive insurance through them or did you get a quote from them for insurance?

How did you find their pricing compared to other companies?

Have you claimed through your insurance how were they to deal with?

PM me if you do not want to post a reply please.

Thanks
2017 Ingot Silver Wildtrak
robbo mcs
100 Club

Re: SG Fleet insurance

Post by robbo mcs »

I have had lots of cars through SG fleet. There insurance has always been expensive for me, and much easier to get cheaper somehwere else. I just take out my own policy and claim it back.

However, I am a low risk driver in low risk area, it might vary. Worth getting a quote
PH1LLO
25 Club

Post by PH1LLO »

Im with SG Fleet, Insure through club 4x4, it was about $200 cheaper, and has the club 4x4 coverage I was after..
oag860
50 Club

Post by oag860 »

I'm on my third vehicle with SG Fleet and my wife has one with them also. For all those vehicles, the quoted insurance through SG Fleet has been Lumleys. Their insurance is relatively expensive, however it does have benefits. With your lease, you'll probably find that if you pay it out early, you won;t save anything on interest, the payout figure will include all the interest for the term of the lease, regardless of when you pay it out. Now lets say your $50K+ Ranger gets totaled in the first couple of years of the lease. The payout figure for the vehicle will be nowhere near what you actually need to payout the lease, leaving you with what could be a significant debt. Lumley insurance pays out the lease value, not the car value. Other things like includes hire car whilst yours is getting fixed and the free windscreen(s). Overall, it's the Wildtrak of insurance compared to the XL.

I've done a couple of claims through them, one of them related to an offroad incident that I initially thought wasn't that bad, then six months later when I went to get the car fixed, the quote was massive. I submitted the claim six months after the incident, including a service for the winch and a new rope, and they simply paid it, not a drama. My mate just wrote of his Prado in an offroad situation (river crossing) and they paid that out no worries also.

For me, it's worth the money simply to cover that gap between what your car is worth and what the payout on the lease would be. I've just ticked over three years (of a five year lease) which is about the point where I've found the car is worth more than the payout, so I'm going to have a look at Club 4x4.

I can't believe I'm going to say this about an insurance company, but, from my experience, Lumley are fantastic.
Skurfer
100 Club

Post by Skurfer »

oag860 wrote:I'm on my third vehicle with SG Fleet and my wife has one with them also. For all those vehicles, the quoted insurance through SG Fleet has been Lumleys. Their insurance is relatively expensive, however it does have benefits. With your lease, you'll probably find that if you pay it out early, you won;t save anything on interest, the payout figure will include all the interest for the term of the lease, regardless of when you pay it out. Now lets say your $50K+ Ranger gets totaled in the first couple of years of the lease. The payout figure for the vehicle will be nowhere near what you actually need to payout the lease, leaving you with what could be a significant debt. Lumley insurance pays out the lease value, not the car value. Other things like includes hire car whilst yours is getting fixed and the free windscreen(s). Overall, it's the Wildtrak of insurance compared to the XL.

I've done a couple of claims through them, one of them related to an offroad incident that I initially thought wasn't that bad, then six months later when I went to get the car fixed, the quote was massive. I submitted the claim six months after the incident, including a service for the winch and a new rope, and they simply paid it, not a drama. My mate just wrote of his Prado in an offroad situation (river crossing) and they paid that out no worries also.

For me, it's worth the money simply to cover that gap between what your car is worth and what the payout on the lease would be. I've just ticked over three years (of a five year lease) which is about the point where I've found the car is worth more than the payout, so I'm going to have a look at Club 4x4.

I can't believe I'm going to say this about an insurance company, but, from my experience, Lumley are fantastic.
I lease my cars through SG fleet at well and I insure through Lumley as well. I had to make a not at fault claim for my Amarok when someone went too fast around a corner on a dirt road, hit the brakes and slid straight into me. They were great to deal with. I was still at the accident scene on the phone to them and they had a hire car arranged and to be picked up on a tilt tray and ferried out to my house so I wouldn't have to travel out to get it and they booked a taxi for me to get from the accident scene to home. The taxi arrived before the towtruck did to take the Amarok. I had the hire car for over a month and was out of pocket nothing. You get unlimited windscreens per year through them so I make use of that and get a couple per year. Saves having to put up with any sandblasting on the windscreen that I pick up with all the dirt roads I do. It is not that much more expensive than other insurance (couple of hundred bucks per year at most) but I have been happy with it. Plus you are paying some pre tax and you are not paying GST on it so the little savings there make it a bit more palatable.
Boots
300 Club

Post by Boots »

Good to know, I'm with SG and Lumleys as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spilsy
200 Club

Post by Spilsy »

SG Fleet and Club 4x4 for me. The SG fleet price was about $500 more from memory.
SPILSY - Today is the tomorrow you were s******* yourself about yesterday - Billy Thorpe

My Rig: http://newranger.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8910
Dunbyu
200 Club

Post by Dunbyu »

Thanks for all the replies we have gone with lumley for the insurance mainly as it is all handled through the lease. Four weeks to go cheers.
2017 Ingot Silver Wildtrak
diomac
300 Club

Post by diomac »

You won't go wrong with Lumley's, have used them with our fleets for over a decade now and always been hassle free.