BT50 Ute Tub Trailer

A Place To Show Off Your Ranger Photo's
Twinpiston77
200 Club

BT50 Ute Tub Trailer

Post by Twinpiston77 »

Hey all,
I've tried contacting a few people on here for questions but no real response, I am only a few weeks away from staring my build of my BT50 extracab ute tub trailer.

I am planning on mimicking the White Tub Trailer that aja88 built with front box and rear drop jacks, most likely though, a front 40 litre thin tank between the headboard and the checker plate. Ive seen most of the trailers are using a side tab setup rather than just bolting through the lower frame is this a problem or more for function of using existing bolts etc.

I've sourced, tub, wheels, springs (old leaves from my vehicle) steel for frame, hitch and am looking at getting a front box made so I can mount the spare on the lid rather than vertical. Just need to purchase hangers for the leaves, checker plate, and wiring as the tub didnt have any when purchased.

Just after some tips and I will put progress pics up when I start in July.

Cheers

Pics of parts and my rig.....
Attachments
BT50
BT50
Extracab Tub
Extracab Tub
Muddies, matching alloys
Muddies, matching alloys
BT50 GT
lincolnland
300 Club

Re: BT50 Ute Tub Trailer

Post by lincolnland »

cool looking forward to this.
Craig001
300 Club

Post by Craig001 »

great use of the old tubs,, no shortage of them.
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
Twinpiston77
200 Club

Post by Twinpiston77 »

Updates here....

So I have built the frame base off Nicks design, I am yet to build the draw bar but at this stage the initial piece will be a total of 3 metres long and then cut and bent around so draw bar will be around the 2.25 - 2.5m in length. I am not chasing a monster draw bar, just enough to mount a trapezoid shaped front box with spare mounted to top and the jockey wheel.
Attachments
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build10.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build9.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build8.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build7.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build6.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build5.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build4.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build3.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build2.jpg
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build1.jpg
BT50 GT
Twinpiston77
200 Club

Post by Twinpiston77 »

This is the design for the draw bar from Nick. I chose this as I like the idea that the vehicle will be actually dragging the front of the spring hanger and the weight will be carried across this part, also enables me to change the height for the wheels. All the weight in the tub and the hinge point is spread more evenly across the joins/welds connecting the draw bar to the tub frame....
Attachments
BT50-Tub-Trailer-Build11.jpg
BT50 GT