My Wildtrak "Zeus"

A Place To Show Off Your Ranger Photo's
iainboyd

My Wildtrak "Zeus"

Post by iainboyd »

When I took delivery of "Zeus" the first thing that happened was it went to 4x4 Offroad at Bathurst for some serious modifications before registration, these included the BP-51 suspension with an increased ride height of 50mm and an upgraded GVM to 3500kg. Other accessories included a ceramic coated Legendex 3" exhaust, 140 litre Frontier fuel tank, 125 custom built water tank with filters and delivery pump, ARB dual cylinder built -in air compressor, 135a/h lithium auxiliary battery. RedArc battery charger and 1000 watt inverter, Snomaster 65 litre dual compartment fridge / freezer (selected as its the lightest in its size range) Koyorad radiator - all alloy construction and 30% larger capacity then the standard, Plasmaman intercooler and Forefront Industries "hot and Cold" alloy pipes, Provent oil catch can and fuel pre filter, ARB transmission and axle vent system, Ford Snorkel and flares, ROH "Beadlocker" 17" x 9" alloy rims (6 off) with BFG KO-2 tyres. ARB underbody protection and ARB bulbar and Warne winch, driving lights and a UHF radio and satellite phone. Redarc triple gauge (boost, EGT and oil pressure) Ascent canopy and "Simpson 3" roof top tent, RedArc fold-up 150 watt solar panel, ARB recovery kit, air bag "jack" sand runners and an ARB rear bar.

The first "dust down" trip into the Simpson found the water tank leaked from a defective weld and the seals on the read tailgate were as useful as tits on a bull. On our return to Sydney the tank was replaced and I made up my own tailgate seals, A subsequent trip inti the Flinders proved that the additional side mounted vent and my seals worked, no more dust in the rear and that the new water tank was sound. In a week I'm off to Fraser Island, Winton, Birdsville and Lake Eyre before heading for home. Next year its the Kimberly and then around Kakadu and up to Cape York - the first time for the Wildtrak, the second time for us.
Attachments
Provent oil and pre-fuel filter unit ands ARB differential and gearbox vent unit
Provent oil and pre-fuel filter unit ands ARB differential and gearbox vent unit
Plasmaman Intercooler.
Plasmaman Intercooler.
The all alloy Koyorad radiator, 30% larger capacity thet the standard Ford unit.  Sorry about the photo, its side on
The all alloy Koyorad radiator, 30% larger capacity thet the standard Ford unit. Sorry about the photo, its side on
The tap is supplied by a built-in water pump drawing water from the 125 litre tank and through a 3 micron water filter. Photo is side on,
The tap is supplied by a built-in water pump drawing water from the 125 litre tank and through a 3 micron water filter. Photo is side on,
Drawers by ORS (Smeaton Grange) and fridge / freezer by Snomaster
Drawers by ORS (Smeaton Grange) and fridge / freezer by Snomaster
ARB rear bar
ARB rear bar
ARB bar with a Warne Zenon winch, 1200 lb
ARB bar with a Warne Zenon winch, 1200 lb
Craig001
300 Club

Re: My Wildtrak "Zeus"

Post by Craig001 »

Windbooster throttle controller would make a nice addition, perhaps an overhead console from "The department of the interior. These items would only enhance such an awesome vehicle. I emptied my catchcan after 15,000km and was blown away by how well they work and so happy I installed one. Are you running dual filters or do you use the Mr Funnel filter ?
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
iainboyd

Post by iainboyd »

Craig001 wrote:Windbooster throttle controller would make a nice addition, perhaps an overhead console from "The department of the interior. These items would only enhance such an awesome vehicle. I emptied my catchcan after 15,000km and was blown away by how well they work and so happy I installed one. Are you running dual filters or do you use the Mr Funnel filter ?
I tried an Idrive and returned it as being totally useless for the way I drive (an old fart) and over the surfaces I built the Wildtrak to drive over - soft desert sand where a "soft" throttle is far better than one that gives excessive acceleration. I empty the Provent catchcan around every 2000 k's and yes, it seems to be doing a first rate job of catching the goo from the engine. As for filters do you mean air or oil ? I just use the standard Ford air filter in the now water-proofed filter can and the tiny standard oil filter.
I'd be certainly interested in a larger remote oil filter but it would be a gassle installing one and not letting the oil pump run dry while fitting it.
Craig001
300 Club

Post by Craig001 »

I run a second fuel filter between the tank and the oem filter. Additional precaution when having to fill up in more remote areas. I suggested the Windbooster due to it having eco mode which is less than the factory curve. I have the 9 mode version and imho it should be standard factory issue.
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

I agree totally with ceaig001. The adjustment the idrive affords has a mode for every terrain
Bill68
300 Club

Post by Bill68 »

iainboyd wrote:
Craig001 wrote:Windbooster throttle controller would make a nice addition, perhaps an overhead console from "The department of the interior. These items would only enhance such an awesome vehicle. I emptied my catchcan after 15,000km and was blown away by how well they work and so happy I installed one. Are you running dual filters or do you use the Mr Funnel filter ?
I tried an Idrive and returned it as being totally useless for the way I drive (an old fart) and over the surfaces I built the Wildtrak to drive over - soft desert sand where a "soft" throttle is far better than one that gives excessive acceleration. I empty the Provent catchcan around every 2000 k's and yes, it seems to be doing a first rate job of catching the goo from the engine. As for filters do you mean air or oil ? I just use the standard Ford air filter in the now water-proofed filter can and the tiny standard oil filter.
I'd be certainly interested in a larger remote oil filter but it would be a gassle installing one and not letting the oil pump run dry while fitting it.
Here you go Ian here’s the big 3:2 Ranger filter on the left the one on the right is from a 1:6 Hyundai diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butcha
75 Club

Post by Butcha »

Woof nice bit of kit.

How do you rate the suspension? What lithium battery did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk