My 2018 Manual Winning Blue XLT

A Place To Show Off Your Ranger Photo's
SMIXLT

Post by SMIXLT »

Hey All,

Thought I’d show my new 2018 manual Winning Blue XLT, got a lot of info and tips from posts on here.

I’ve tried to black out as much as possible as I don’t want to have the same thing as everyone else!

Dealer fitted gear:
-Lockable soft tonneau cover
-Safari snorkel
-Custom Blackmans leather seats, black with blue stitching (to match the paint :P
-Stainless steel sill plates
-Carpet mats

Things I’ve changed/added:
-Front grill from chrome to matte black, fomoco parts apart from FORD grill inset
-Matte black vent covers, no fomoco option for this and didn’t want to plasti dip them
-Changed mirror surrounds from chrome to matte black, fomoco parts but had to buy xl mirror surrounds and cut out a space for the mirror indicators to fit
-Added front and rear light surrounds Tickford style
-Changed fog lamp surrounds from grey to black, fomoco parts
-Changed chrome door and tailgate handles to matte black, fomoco parts
-Had sports bar powder coated black
-Had rear bumper power coated black, had to buy new reverse sensors in Black to suit, sensor surrounds I just spray painted them matte black to suit
-Changed aerial to short Mazda one
-Changed to satin black King Avenger 6 17x8 +35 offset wheels with matching black nuts, kept the original AT tyres, will chuck a set of BFG KO2’s on there when they wear out saving cash for now :lol:
-Darkest legal window tint
-K and N high flow air filter
-Grunt easy up/down struts on the tailgate
-Acutator added to tailgate handle lock so it locks with the central locking

Future plans, still need/want to do:
-Tailgate RANGER decal in black instead of grey but 50/50 on if I do the tailgate similar to the FX4 black vinyl
-Side 4x4 decals in black instead of grey
-Plasti dip the XLT badge black
-Plasti dip reverse camera surround black
-Plasti dip side step aluminum part black, would like to get it powercoated but I can’t work out how to get the bugger off! Haha!

Any other mod ideas or tips would be awesome!

Couple of pics to have a look at
Attachments
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
Craig001
300 Club

Re: My 2018 Manual Winning Blue XLT

Post by Craig001 »

Catch can and Windbooster 9 mode throttle controller. Nice rig
2016 XLT Auto Supercab
Touring Canopy + Accessories

Cheers Craig.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

silicone hose upgrade kit, intercooler upgrade, provent, 3 inch exhaust with muffler delete, 33s, travel buddy oven
jaygee83
75 Club

Post by jaygee83 »

Nice looking ute! I went down a similar path for blacking chrome bits out - haven't bothered with badges though.
I'm looking at the same rims - do you have a side on pic?
Also, where do the rims/tyres sit in relation to bodwork with the +35 offset? Any pictures showing this?
2016 PX2 Ford Ranger XLT, Dual Cab - SYNC3
MCC Phoenix, Fyrlyt Nemesis, TJM Airtec, ARB Sliders, EGR Canopy
Bush Skinz & TJM Plates, ARB Frontier, Radflo & EFS, Fuel Wheels w/ KO2's
Intervolt DCC, GME TX3550, Lightforce Fascia w/ TowPro Elite
Highrider
100 Club

Post by Highrider »

lincolnland wrote:silicone hose upgrade kit, intercooler upgrade, provent, 3 inch exhaust with muffler delete, 33s, travel buddy oven
Not sure if the exhaust mod and muffler delete is a good idea on a car with DPF as it might not get hot enough to burn the soot and block the DPF, there has to be a certain amount of back pressure otherwise the DPF can get clogged. I have a straight through muffler on mine but I don't have a DPF! Anyway just a thought, I have read about it somewhere!
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Dpf has sensors which regulate the burn. Has nothing to do with back pressure or pipe diameter or mufflers
Highrider
100 Club

Post by Highrider »

lincolnland wrote:Dpf has sensors which regulate the burn. Has nothing to do with back pressure or pipe diameter or mufflers
Back pressure and exhaust diameter do play a role in so far that a bigger diameter and muffler without baffles make the engine run cooler, a certain temperature is required to stop the DPF from clogging up, especially when people use the car mainly for short runs and the exhaust system doesn't get hot enough!
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertisse ... er-better/
Gunmetal
300 Club

Post by Gunmetal »

Highrider wrote:
lincolnland wrote:Dpf has sensors which regulate the burn. Has nothing to do with back pressure or pipe diameter or mufflers
Back pressure and exhaust diameter do play a role in so far that a bigger diameter and muffler without baffles make the engine run cooler, a certain temperature is required to stop the DPF from clogging up, especially when people use the car mainly for short runs and the exhaust system doesn't get hot enough!
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertisse ... er-better/
Interesting read, thanks for the link.
Highrider
100 Club

Post by Highrider »

You are welcome Gunmetal☺
SMIXLT

Post by SMIXLT »

jaygee83 wrote:Nice looking ute! I went down a similar path for blacking chrome bits out - haven't bothered with badges though.
I'm looking at the same rims - do you have a side on pic?
Also, where do the rims/tyres sit in relation to bodwork with the +35 offset? Any pictures showing this?
I’ve plasti dipped the badges now, didn’t even have to take them off. Just do a good taping job and all sweet. Also worked out best way to apply the plasti is by keeping the can warm in some hot water. Goes on much nicer, I found out the hard way.
The tyres sit just inside the guard. I think you can max at +30 without putting flares on which is why I went with them. Sorry the site won’t let me add photos easily. Seems to be a pain in the ass.
SMIXLT

Post by SMIXLT »

I’ve done the 4x4 sticker too, and a couple of pics of the plasti dipping. Worked out how to post photos too.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk