My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

A Place To Show Off Your Ranger Photo's
Post Reply
burettou
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:54 pm

My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by burettou »

Hi all. I am a new, first time Ranger owner. Pic are attached. Just wondering what the biggest size engel fridge that fits under the roll top? Also, does anyone have a tub/bed slide? My Engel is 'just' too tall (by 2cm).

Looking forward to many conversations

Cheers!

Brett
Prado - 3D
200 Club
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by Prado - 3D »

Hey Brett,

Thanks heaps for the intro.

Have a look using the search function in the header. The search works very well and I recall seeing posts over the years that have addressed your questions.

Pic didn't come through though.

Cheers

DJ
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
User avatar
TrevsTrak
25 Club
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 pm
Location: Millicent SA

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by TrevsTrak »

Hi Brett,
I run an ARB 60lt fridge under my roller shutter. The front edge of the shutter just touches the top of the fridge insulation cover.
It will be interesting soon as I've just purchased a rubber mat for the tub to stop things moving around. I may have to leave the top cover of the fridge off.
Cheers,
Trevor
2012 PX Wildtrak (Cool White)
burettou
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by burettou »

Hi Travis.

How tall is the fridge? Looking forward to hearing about the results after a rubber matt. I see the Waeco CFX75DZW sits under the roller with about 10mm clearance (from specs). I have a tub liner and was thinking of putting a roller in for the fridge or a whole tray roller (Bed Slide in the US produces a great tub slide (they call it a bed slide). Only thing is what court of hight it takes - reducing the available height for a fridge...... The other thing I see some have done is raised the rear seat and put in a false floor....not a bad idea...In the meantime I was going to get some rubber matting from Bunnings...https://www.bunnings.com.au/matpro-1-2- ... g_p4490509
burettou
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by burettou »

Thanks DJ. your reply has been most helpful!
tgb1163
75 Club
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 am

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by tgb1163 »

burettou wrote:Just wondering what the biggest size engel fridge that fits under the roll top?
MY16 wildtrack. I had a 40 litre engel which just fitted without the slide feet and transit cover top removed.
Upgraded to a 60 litre engel fridge freezer (H441 W790 D490) which fits easily with transit cover still on. I understand the roller shutters on the later wildtracks are not as thick so a taller model may fit now.
10/2016 MY17 PX2 Wildtrak Auto Pride Orange Sync 3
User avatar
TrevsTrak
25 Club
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 pm
Location: Millicent SA

My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by TrevsTrak »

My 37ltr Waeco and 60ltr ARB.
Fits easy with the new mat. Image

I thought it was a lot closer but there’s plenty of room for the ARB.
The Waeco is a bit tight but ok.

Mat was from fleabay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-PX1-PX ... ctupt=true

Cheers,
Trevor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 PX Wildtrak (Cool White)
Prado - 3D
200 Club
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by Prado - 3D »

burettou wrote:Thanks DJ. your reply has been most helpful!
Pleasure Brett.

I used the search function and turned up the following. http://www.newranger.net/forums/search. ... der+roller. These were the posts that I was referring to.
2017 Ingot Silver Automatic XLS Dual Cab
Highrider
100 Club
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by Highrider »

TrevsTrak wrote:Hi Brett,
I run an ARB 60lt fridge under my roller shutter. The front edge of the shutter just touches the top of the fridge insulation cover.
It will be interesting soon as I've just purchased a rubber mat for the tub to stop things moving around. I may have to leave the top cover of the fridge off.
Cheers,
Trevor
It must get so hot under that roller shutter, especially in summer, I wonder if the fridge can work effectively under these extreme conditions, why not remove the roller shutter and sell it then get a canopy and live happily ever after :-) My neighbour had a hard cover fitted when he first bought his XLT but he since changed to a canopy and he says he would never go back to a hard cover, he now has drawers and a slide out for the fridge he couldn't be happier. I also have a canopy which comes handy for the dogs and also when I go touring!
Highrider
100 Club
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by Highrider »

TrevsTrak wrote:My 37ltr Waeco and 60ltr ARB.
Fits easy with the new mat. Image

I thought it was a lot closer but there’s plenty of room for the ARB.
The Waeco is a bit tight but ok.

Mat was from fleabay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-PX1-PX ... ctupt=true

Cheers,
Trevor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a mat from AST Auto in Brisbane, they have templates for all utes (with liner and without liner) for around $100, I went there, they cut one for me in about 5 minutes and it fits perfect, great quality, my dogs love it! https://www.astauto.com.au/products/rubber/
Highrider
100 Club
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Re: My Ranger Wildtrak X- new to the Ranger club!

Post by Highrider »

burettou wrote:Hi Travis.

How tall is the fridge? Looking forward to hearing about the results after a rubber matt. I see the Waeco CFX75DZW sits under the roller with about 10mm clearance (from specs). I have a tub liner and was thinking of putting a roller in for the fridge or a whole tray roller (Bed Slide in the US produces a great tub slide (they call it a bed slide). Only thing is what court of hight it takes - reducing the available height for a fridge...... The other thing I see some have done is raised the rear seat and put in a false floor....not a bad idea...In the meantime I was going to get some rubber matting from Bunnings...https://www.bunnings.com.au/matpro-1-2- ... g_p4490509
I had one of these Bunnings mat in the past, it didn't last very long before it cracked between the holes, also I was asking myself why have the holes it would be better to have a proper rubber mat and I found this one in Brisbane, they have templates for all utes both with liner and without and they fir perfectly, they cut them for you, all you have to do is put it in and at around $100.- they are excellent value and the quality is so much better than the rubber with the holes, just saying https://www.astauto.com.au/products/rubber/
Post Reply