bullbar for new wildtrak

A Place To Show Off Your Ranger Photo's
TonyR

bullbar for new wildtrak

Post by TonyR »

Trouble picking out what bullbar to put on new wildtrak. Any advice or pcs would be appreciated
Mr B
50 Club

Re: bullbar for new wildtrak

Post by Mr B »

Depends on your needs - What do you want it to do?

Protection, winch, looks, lights or aerials, hoops or nor etc.

I like the Rhino one. One day.........

Bit more info and peops will be able to assist a bit better.
NTMID8
300 Club

Post by NTMID8 »

GMF bar, imho best looking/functioning bar on the market:
https://www.facebook.com/GMFabrikations ... 901358790/
ROCKET0407
300 Club

Post by ROCKET0407 »

Look at the new Uneek4x4 or AFN.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Coxey
25 Club

Post by Coxey »

G'day mate,

I went the ARB summit bar. Very happy with it and glad I did.

At the time of purchasing I wasn't sure of the lights I was going to put on. Some of the HID spotlights cant be installed on aluminium bars due to weight. I'm putting the Lightforce HTC combo LED/HID lights and these must be installed on a steel bar.

Only issue I have had is with the front sensors (i have a wildtrak), they can kick in for no reason. Very glad there is a switch to our them off. Ford said it can be fixed. Will see.

Cheers,

Coxey
On Order - Aluminium Wildtrak
With - ARB Summit bull bar, ARB bash plate, ARB Tow hitch, ARB Ascent canopy.
TBA - Suspension upgrade, lighting and winch.
lincolnland
300 Club

Post by lincolnland »

Summit x2
piglet

Post by piglet »

Summit x 3
but with a twist, I really like the look of the Ranger / Everest grill, I feel that the grill is a distinct stand out feature.
On mine I am going the new ARB Summit Sahara Bar but without the hoop, that way I have the sexy grill, place for my spotties, winch, & UHF antenna.
The bar can come with the hoop in polished alloy, black or without.

http://www.arb.com.au/site/wp-content/u ... ranger.jpg

cheers Piggy
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Do you have it on yet ? how does look, pic ? what sort of dollars did you pay ?
ROCKET0407
300 Club

Post by ROCKET0407 »

Have a look at Uneek4x4, their Facebook page is best to get an idea!
Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

Hi , does anyone have experience with the 'smart bar' . Some people say the ARB steel bullbars rust easily , true/false ?
Thanks
ro1ex
25 Club

Post by ro1ex »

AlexLupo wrote:Hi , does anyone have experience with the 'smart bar' . Some people say the ARB steel bullbars rust easily , true/false ?
Thanks
I've just fitted a smartbar to my 2016 Black Wildtrak and I love it! IMO it looks great and I've revieved lots of feedback from random strangers :D
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

Do you mind if I ask how much that cost ?
Thanks
Dunbyu
200 Club

Post by Dunbyu »

I would like to see a couple of photos as well as the price and who from?
2017 Ingot Silver Wildtrak
PK1

Post by PK1 »

piglet wrote:Summit x 3
but with a twist, I really like the look of the Ranger / Everest grill, I feel that the grill is a distinct stand out feature.
On mine I am going the new ARB Summit Sahara Bar but without the hoop, that way I have the sexy grill, place for my spotties, winch, & UHF antenna.
The bar can come with the hoop in polished alloy, black or without.

http://www.arb.com.au/site/wp-content/u ... ranger.jpg

cheers Piggy
Hey Piggy, how are you finding the Summit Sahara bar? Any pics (side on) you can share? I've seen comments about Summit bars wobbling at the ends on Toyotas and thus a bit of discontent.

Hey Ro1ex, is your Smartbar the Stealth bar? how is that going? Do you have some good (side on) pics you could post please? I like the sound of these as they are so light.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Rgds,
PK
Stefs-cruiser
300 Club

Post by Stefs-cruiser »

AlexLupo wrote:Hi , does anyone have experience with the 'smart bar' . Some people say the ARB steel bullbars rust easily , true/false ?
Thanks
An older post, but yes, my ARB Sahara bar has been repainted twice by ARB due to rusting....
Copie
200 Club

Post by Copie »

It’s more due to the crappy paint jobs and powder coating rather then the bar itself.

Anyways alloy is where it’s at anyways, significant weight saving and no loss in strength.
Trublu

Post by Trublu »

Copie wrote:It’s more due to the crappy paint jobs and powder coating rather then the bar itself.

Anyways alloy is where it’s at anyways, significant weight saving and no loss in strength.
True, poor prep work before painting or powder coating.
vinothen

Post by vinothen »

Reputable installer is a must
Check those reviews
Best ones rectify problems quick, easy and effectively
My personal opinion is for the summit bar from arb but it depends
Weight vs protection is your main argument
Stock = no protection
Summit bar with side protection = maximum protection
kingdamo63
25 Club

Post by kingdamo63 »

I have the Uneek Crawler bar on mine.
Overall very happy with it. Nice looking bar.
Not overly impressed with the finish though. Rough edges, not square in light box, few powdered bumps. Sent email to Uneek with pictures but never heard back from them even a peep.
Was reason I went Uneek over Rhino as Australian made and painted as heard Rhino had few issues with humidity in Thailand painting. Previously always been an ARB guy.

Sorry need to find hosting site to post pic.
Copie
200 Club

bullbar for new wildtrak

Post by Copie »

vinothen wrote:Reputable installer is a must
Check those reviews
My personal opinion is for the summit bar from arb but it depends
Weight vs protection is your main argument
Stock = no protection
Summit bar with side protection = maximum protection
Eh ARB bars etc are designed to bend on impact, especially the corners.

Also kingdamo you can use imgur for photo uploads.
diomac
300 Club

Post by diomac »

vinothen wrote:Reputable installer is a must
Check those reviews
This is very critical, getting an installer that takes pride in their work and is willing to back it up really should be a top priority. With so many muppets running around you don't want to be left holding the bag.

I took my time and spoke to installers very openly about my expectations, before settling on an installer. Glad I did as a week after having it on they had it back to readjust the fitment without any fuss. They did great work and went the extra mile to make sure the outcomes was something they could be proud of.
axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

vinothen wrote:Summit bar with side protection = maximum protection
Not sure that statement is as accurate as it reads. I wouldn't call ARB gear "maximum protection", they don't compare when put up against properly fabricated brush bars and sliders. And there's so many decent fab shops these days, there's really no excuse to not get proper protection.
Copie wrote:Anyways alloy is where it’s at anyways, significant weight saving and no loss in strength.
Is this true? When I look into alloy vs steel bullbars, it's nearly always said that alloy bars are weaker. Who makes decent alloy bullbars?
vinothen

Post by vinothen »

I don’t know about the rest of you
But if my choices is bent bullbar/sidebar vs bent chassis I’d always takes the items I can easily replace
Protection is not always strength
axs
200 Club

Post by axs »

vinothen wrote:I don’t know about the rest of you
But if my choices is bent bullbar/sidebar vs bent chassis I’d always takes the items I can easily replace
Protection is not always strength
Yeah but it’s not as black and white as you’re making it. Not all barwork is equal. Some mobs make absolute garbage while others make good stuff, and most make average equipment that works for most people... until it doesn’t.

The problem as I see it is that brush bars from the likes of ARB, TJM, Ironman, etc are simply not strong enough, especially given how much they charge. I’ve seen it first hand a few times: your 4by comes to rest against a tree or the wall of a rut, and the brush bars collapse under the weight and then damage the panels. So now you’re out the cost of new brush bars + panel damage. And let’s not even start on the side steps.

I don’t understand why people buy brush bars / side steps from the previously mentioned mobs when similarly priced, sometimes cheaper, products exist that are superior. I’ve abused my Ironman bull bar for years and it has held up, but I wouldn’t trust their bash plates or bars/steps.
vinothen

Post by vinothen »

I’m a science based bloke so I see it as this
now I know that my side protection is bolted to my bull bar and side steps both of which are bolted directly to the chassis
I know that if you’re resting a vehicle against an object those forces are going somewhere especially when your vehicle is going toward and away from the object
I’d prefer a bent side bar and dented fender over the forces being related to the chassis
the chassis was designed to take a single impact during a car crash then the chassis is never used again (or it was never damaged in the first place)
while it can take some incredible forces it wasn’t designed to take repetitive forces from the side
But I digress, this is my personal opinion and I’m also fairly new to the 4x4 scene (2012) so I’d would like to know if I’m wrong
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

Picking up my Wildtrak this afternoon and already having 'issues' about bullbars . I Was planning to install the Smartbar but 'it looks like' (need to do more research on this) the only recovery points compatible with this bar are the ones from ARB .
Basically if I want this bar I have to install the underbody protection+recovery points from ARB , I prefer not to for the reason many are aware of.
Any advice from Smartbar owner really appreciated !
Thanks
Edsel

Post by Edsel »

I have a full face Smartbar installed 2014 on a 2014 XLT. Yet to install recovery points. The ARB central point or the Superior Engineering central point would mean scrapping my existing sump guard.
My Smartbar mountings would not interfere with installation of Roadsafe recovery points. Existing chassis holes are used however points do hang a bit low. See other thread on recovery points for further info. The Smartbar people may also confirm although I think they are owned by ARB and may not support other alternatives.

Edsel.
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

Thank you very much !
Bye
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

I'm looking at the AFN bullbar at the moment , it comes with rated recovery points. This could be what I'm looking for.
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

I've decided to go for the Smartbar. Other bars just too heavy and overkill for my use of the vehicle .
naddis01
300 Club

Post by naddis01 »

Stealth bar?
AlexLupo
50 Club

Post by AlexLupo »

I prefer the full one, I think it gives better protection
seanyb

Post by seanyb »

I've just ordered a Rhino Evolution Bar, seen one on the way to work nearly every day they look the part...

http://www.rhino4x4.com.au/287-thickbox ... r-2016.jpg
evernew1
100 Club

Post by evernew1 »

Just got a Uneek Crawler bar fitted, very happy with it.

These are sort of in between the traditional full bullbar like an ARB or TJM, and the ones made to look more like the stock bar like the GMF or Rhino.

Bonus is you get two very good strong recovery points with it as standard. They are not part of the bar like many others, they are separate and bolted to the chassis. ( not sure about the poser red colour though, might have to spray them ).
You can also get stainless steel fascia plates, or have them powder coated the same or different colour to the bar, so you can customise the look a bit.
Plus it is only 50kg, so a fair bit lighter than the full hoop ones ( a consideration if you tow a caravan )

Adaptive cruise, collision alert, parking sensors, all that stuff works just the same as on the stock bar, I thoroughly tested everything no issues

I did not bother with the small hoop for the lights, if you don't have a winch you can just bolt lights or a lightbar on top of the bar. (as I have )

http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/ford-ranger- ... 2011-2018/